thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jul-04-2012

Missing? Missing? That sounds like the proper edition... written in the correct form of the English language...

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jul-04-2012

(Jul-04-2012, 07:32 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: Missing? Missing? That sounds like the proper edition... written in the correct form of the English language...
pfft! There's nothing proper about it

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - joost - Jul-04-2012

'abot it' wold be the proper spelling according to 'thl P

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jul-04-2012

that, is where you are wrong, fool-ish...

oh, and joost... These beings do not know who this 'thl feller is, but you need to bash him/her/it on the head with a blunt object...

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jul-04-2012

(Jul-04-2012, 04:45 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: that, is where you are wrong, fool-ish...

oh, and joost... These beings do not know who this 'thl feller is, but you need to bash him/her/it on the head with a blunt object...
Wrong? Nay, nay and thrice nay!

Oh and the book was published here in the UK, so someone's been lax in replacing missing letters Dodgy

your words say "nay, nay", but these beings say ye, ye, and they are more numerous...

and hungry.

(Jul-04-2012, 09:31 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: your words say "nay, nay", but these beings say ye, ye, and they are more numerous...

and hungry.
Ah, but quantity isn't everything..

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Farseer - Jul-04-2012

(Jul-04-2012, 02:59 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: 'abot it' wold be the proper spelling according to 'thl P

Clapping

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jul-05-2012

These beings are now reading "Darth Bane - Path of Destruction" by Drew Karpyshyn.

A rather good book so far. Nice with star wars books that do not glorify the Jedi way...

a slightly rewritten quote:
"you are thinking like a dirt general. Think like a sith:
Don't fight in the forest .... Destroy the forest!"

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Narya - Jul-07-2012

Just finished my second Dresden Files book, Dead Beat, by Jim Butcher. The first one I read was Turn Coat. I can stop holding my breath now. Whew! The poor guy was put through the wringer for just three days, but it took several hundred pages of no-stop action to finish his task.

You can start anywhere in the series - he does a good job of letting you know the background of all the players (and there are a lot of players!) - each time. The protagonist, Harry Dresden is a wizard and private detective in modern Chicago, USA.

I see from a quick Search that Maulkin and Nuytsia have mentioned reading Butcher.