thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jul-13-2012

Truly, that is some quick reading Farseer! Blink My first read left my head spinning, hence the almost immediate re-read Undecided

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Narya - Jul-13-2012

Whew, just read two more books from the Dresden Files. Part of me wanted to stay up all night finishing them, part of me is sad that they are gone. The only solution, of course, is to go back to the library for more. Big Grin I can always sleep when I run out of books. Unless I read them a second time...

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jul-13-2012

The Dresden books are on my wish list...one day I'll get round to reading them

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Farseer - Jul-14-2012

(Jul-13-2012, 04:50 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: Life is hard, eh?

It's amazing what you can get through when you have a particularly horrid bout of tonsilitis so can't talk to anyone/answer a phone; have other family members in the same condition so that they too are busy reading such volumes as Harry Potter; have few channels on your TV and less programs worth watching; have a book seat to cart around with you while you do the daily cooking, washing up, ironing etc that, as ever, needs doing; live far out of town so don't have to deal with annoying visitors and can get mail and stores out with the mailman twice a week or can teach school at home and, lastly, can survive without much sleep at all like Narya appears to also be doing. Big Grin

It also pays to be super neat and organised beforehand so in such down times your home, garden and numerous roles can almost run themselves with only little input here and there. More importantly, I am getting better and so need to get the series done and dusted. It's now the weekend so here's hoping I will manage to have ADwD completed come Monday morning. Book Book Book

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jul-14-2012

if only writing a story could've been as easy as reading it...

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Narya - Jul-14-2012

Just found another alternative to more Dresden Files books - Dresden Files TV series on Hulu.com. Big Grin Of course, TV shows tend to have about 2% of what's in a good book, but it is entertaining.

Ironically, I'm now watching a TV show about someone who mentions right on the show that he doesn't watch TV. Ever.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jul-14-2012

(Jul-14-2012, 09:14 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: if only writing a story could've been as easy as reading it...

If it was easy, we'd all be at it. Anyone can have a go and the gods know some of the drivel I've read in the past is testament to that! But it takes a certain kind of person with a certain something to create a good story. Also, the hardest of our achievements make us the most proud, wouldn't you agree? Smiling

And what do you mean by 'could've' ..past tense? Crack on with it, cos I'm still after that share of your first million when I've heaped masses of praise upon your debut book! P
Approximately two thirds of the way through The Wise Man's Fear and liking it very much. It received very mixed reviews and so I wasn't wholly optimistic that it would impress me as The Name Of The Wind did. It's not as fast moving as the first book, but then few middle books are in my experience. The only downside is the waiting game again for the next one Undecided

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jul-14-2012

oh, the past tense is random. The project is still ongoing.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jul-14-2012

(Jul-14-2012, 09:57 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: oh, the past tense is random. The project is still ongoing.
Glad to hear it.

It will probably be ongoing for quite a while longer... But that is how it should be...