thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jul-23-2012

Or not! Undecided I seem to have lost all interest in the fate of Katniss, Peeta etc. though I am left wondering if a certain character is actually dead, or in a bad way physically, but able to recover eventually...

I'm now reading 'A Discovery of Witches' by Deborah Harkness which is often referred to as Twilight for adults. I've just finished the first chapter and am quite intrigued. Smiling

Ah well, turns out the character I was wondering about is dearly departed, so I'm not gonna read it now out of spite DodgyWink

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jul-23-2012

these beings read the google books summary of it, and it does indeed sound intriguing...
'thul have also got another 12 books or so on the to-read list (including an entire series by Jim Butcher and 3.5 books by Elizabeth moon), so reading material is certainly not in lack...

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jul-23-2012

(Jul-23-2012, 08:11 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: these beings read the google books summary of it, and it does indeed sound intriguing...
'thul have also got another 12 books or so on the to-read list (including an entire series by Jim Butcher and 3.5 books by Elizabeth moon), so reading material is certainly not in lack...

Dresden Files perchance? They're supposed to be really good (isn't Narya reading them at the moment?)

Will have to look up Elizabeth Moon's 3.5 books...though I'm not quite getting the half a book bit P

I intend for my next purchase to be the Gormenghast trilogy. From what I've read about it and after a quick 'look inside' the first book, courtesy of Amazon, it seems to appeal somewhat to my gothic sensibilities Smiling

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jul-23-2012

the half book is half-read... there's a few books before it as well... of course, most of them being omnibuses, the numbers are a bit messy...

as for the other books, no not Dresden files. The series name is Codex Alera

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jul-24-2012

A Discovery of Witches is really rather good...witches, daemons, vampires and yoga! P

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jul-24-2012

Sounds promising. these beings will have to check it out sometime now...

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jul-26-2012

these beings have now begun reading that book. about 100-200 pages in (out of the 1200 in their version)

does indeed seem promising...

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Farseer - Jul-26-2012

I'm not reading anything right now (so, why are you here in this thread, Farseer? Uhhuh ) other than restarting my LST re-read. I was going to begin The Hunger Games but, with everything so busy over the next month, I'm going to leave it until things settle.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jul-26-2012

(Jul-26-2012, 07:21 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: these beings have now begun reading that book. about 100-200 pages in (out of the 1200 in their version)

does indeed seem promising...

I've finished it now and really the enjoyed the mix of 'creatures,' history, alchemy and suspense. I also liked the Oxford/France settings and descriptions of the various buildings, especially the library. At times I thought this is a bit Bella and Edward, but the overall story/plot had far more substance to it than Twilight ever did. And I've just found out there's a sequel...another one for the list then P

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jul-26-2012

204.0/1281 pages in here...