thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jul-27-2012

these beings just finished reading it, and it was every bit as good as expected... even if it ended in a cliffhanger...

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Farseer - Jul-27-2012

The best kind of ending... Smiling

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jul-27-2012

(Jul-27-2012, 10:44 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: these beings just finished reading it, and it was every bit as good as expected... even if it ended in a cliffhanger...
As usual! I've read the first few pages of the next book via the 'look inside' feature on Amazon and am even more intrigued...it'll have to come down in price a little yet before I buy it, mind. Undecided

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Valarya - Jul-27-2012

I read the first book of Hunger Games then took a break from it. I have heard mixed reviews about the ending, but upon sneaking a few spoilerish-glances Whistling I see the ending is super bleak.

This makes me want to read it even more! I'm sure it's why I've received mixed reviews; there are a lot of people in this world who don't like bleak endings. P

I have finally, after 9 years of saying I would, started on the Vorkosigan Saga by Lois M. Bujold. It has been in the top 10-20 of any top-100 Sci-Fi or Sci-Fi/Fantasy book list I've seen for the past decade. I also needed a break from the typical fantasy novel and opted for Sci-Fi, since I love it so much and it has been too long since I ventured in to space. Wub

Only on book 2 so far but I'm enjoying it!

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jul-27-2012

book two is too recently released for 'thul to be able to get it yet...

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jul-27-2012

(Jul-27-2012, 11:08 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: book two is too recently released for 'thul to be able to get it yet...

Yup, same here
(Jul-27-2012, 11:06 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: I read the first book of Hunger Games then took a break from it. I have heard mixed reviews about the ending, but upon sneaking a few spoilerish-glances Whistling I see the ending is super bleak.

This makes me want to read it even more! I'm sure it's why I've received mixed reviews; there are a lot of people in this world who don't like bleak endings. P

I have finally, after 9 years of saying I would, started on the Vorkosigan Saga by Lois M. Bujold. It has been in the top 10-20 of any top-100 Sci-Fi or Sci-Fi/Fantasy book list I've seen for the past decade. I also needed a break from the typical fantasy novel and opted for Sci-Fi, since I love it so much and it has been too long since I ventured in to space. Wub

Only on book 2 so far but I'm enjoying it!
I don't mind bleak endings, but I still can't get more than a few pages into Mockingjay. I'll try again some day.

Speaking of starting something, I was eyeing up Lord of the Rings earlier today, thinking I would have another go at it. It's not moved from the bookcase as yet..

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Farseer - Jul-28-2012

It sounds like some more "kicking up the pants" is required around here...you've not even finished SS yet have you?! Ouch Tsk, tsk! Big Grin

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jul-28-2012

you really ought to finish lotr, yes.... oh, and you should also read the silmarillion...

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jul-28-2012

(Jul-28-2012, 06:44 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: you really ought to finish lotr, yes.... oh, and you should also read the silmarillion...
Now you're pushing it! Blink

I do need a 'kick up the pants' you're quite right Undecided

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jul-28-2012

Of course these beings are... what'd you expect?