thePlenty.net Forums
The Tangle - Photogallery - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: The Tangle - Photogallery (/thread-121.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: The Tangle - Photogallery - Nuytsia - Oct-07-2011

Wildlife shots!

Sorry the pics are pretty bad, but it was dark so I couldn't actually see what was in the viewfinder of the camera and it doesn't focus to well in the dark either....!

The first pic is a Tasmanian Bettong wishing it could get into the chook pen!

The other two pics are a possum with baby on board!
She has no problem getting into the chook pen, and in fact she is eating up some leftover chook pellets in that short with no fear of me whatsoever.

RE: The Tangle - Photogallery - Farseer - Oct-07-2011

Nice pics, Nuytsia! I have never seen (or heard of) a Tasmanian Bettong so there's the new thing which I learned today...and I'm only three hours into October 8th! Big Grin

RE: The Tangle - Photogallery - 'thul - Oct-08-2011

Interesting animals...

RE: The Tangle - Photogallery - Farseer - Jan-04-2012

I hate computers and the time they waste when I type for ages and then the page clunks out! Rant

Longer story shorter...as we had been talking about our Christmas trees in another thread, I thought you may like to see a photo of mine (a bit of gum tree from down at the creek, stuck in a milk bucket filled with rocks, as we do every year! P).

This was taken in the afternoon of Christmas Eve just after two-thirds of my children decorated it (we go for 'less is more', as you can see) and prior to the eldest third arriving. Big Grin

Nothing special but it's what we do...

RE: The Tangle - Photogallery - fool-ish - Jan-04-2012

I've never seen a gum tree before. It looks lovely with just those few trimmings on it. Smiling As you said, less is more. I'm on a mission for that 'buck blue' tree for next Christmas now. I'm not at all optimistic that I'll find a blue tree, but you never know! P

RE: The Tangle - Photogallery - Farseer - Jan-04-2012

I told my family about your tree...and then suggested we do something different next year...and then slipped in a few RotE ideas as discussed here...and then in unison they all emphatically screeched, "No!"

Farseer's family = a bunch of killjoys! Down

Still, I have a year to wear them down... P

RE: The Tangle - Photogallery - fool-ish - Jan-04-2012

(Jan-04-2012, 10:22 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I told my family about your tree...and then suggested we do something different next year...and then slipped in a few RotE ideas as discussed here...and then in unison they all emphatically screeched, "No!"

Farseer's family = a bunch of killjoys! Down

Still, I have a year to wear them down... P
Big Grin I fear I'll receive a similar response when I make my suggestions to the family. I won't go down without a fight though! Knight

RE: The Tangle - Photogallery - Farseer - Jan-07-2012

For those not wanting to check any of thePlenty's tweets while Mervi is making her way around New Zealand, here's a pic she shared that I just had to smile at:

[Image: AicVYNFCIAEN8RH.jpg]

The accompanying tweet was:
Quote:New Zealand has more bookstores per capita than any other country. One of them was especially beckoning...

I like it, Mervi! P

And also....

Quote:The very real Bay of Plenty in New Zealand.

[Image: AiWe5wMCMAETz0F.jpg]

Nice!!! Clapping

RE: The Tangle - Photogallery - fool-ish - Jan-07-2012

Lovely! Books a plenty could describe my house! Wink

RE: The Tangle - Photogallery - Farseer - Jan-08-2012

(Jan-07-2012, 12:11 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:
Quote:The very real Bay of Plenty in New Zealand.

Sad to watch the news just now and hear of the wrecked container ship Rena that broke in two during a storm, losing oil and (so far) about three hundred containers in the Bay of Plenty...all happening since posting Mervi's photo yesterday.

Not a good week for my Kiwi cousins after the loss of eleven people in a hot air balloon crash yesterday morning too. I must admit that, as soon as I heard of the crash, I jumped online to make sure that Finnish tourists (Mervi!) weren't on board. Thankfully they were not.