thePlenty.net Forums
The Tangle - Photogallery - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: The Tangle - Photogallery (/thread-121.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: The Tangle - Photogallery - maulkin - Apr-18-2010

(Apr-16-2010, 11:41 PM (UTC))Mervi Wrote: it's almost impossible to figure out the gender of your Angels. Big Grin
In that case, I'm surprised that you didn't name one of them Beloved!

RE: The Tangle - Photogallery - Farseer - Apr-19-2010

I can read but I am sadly computer-challenged...how do I put in pics without you all having to download?! Are mine too high a res or am I doing something wrong? I have to add them with the attachment option as the insert pic doesn't seem to work. Ta!

RE: The Tangle - Photogallery - Albertosaurus Rex - Apr-19-2010

Are you using the image tags correctly? Or the URLs of the pictures? (It took me shamefully long to figure out how to get the URL of an image.)

RE: The Tangle - Photogallery - Farseer - Apr-19-2010

All beyond me...went the easy road and got the URL from some of my Facebook pics!

You already know what I look like with my avatar so just thought I'd share a few of my place in space!

Rant Not such an easy road...sigh! Will wait until my son can help..I've got nothin' Blink!

Ok, after LOTS of trying based on your help (below), I still can't seem to manage it but thanks anyway Albertosaurus Rex.

ps Sorry if I have filled all of your Inboxes with my numerous edit attempts!

RE: The Tangle - Photogallery - Albertosaurus Rex - Apr-19-2010

Hm, you did manage to insert one picture. Just put them between [img.] [/img.] tags (just remove the dots) to get this:

[Image: 15337_1126684701518_1659182474_349691_5534818_s.jpg]

If that doesn't work, I don't know how to be of help.

RE: The Tangle - Photogallery - Nuytsia - Apr-20-2010

I'm not sure if you can link to a Facebook pic, I have a feeling I tried that ages ago on another forum and it didn't work but I forget exactly what went wrong.
You usually need to post them somewhere like Flickr and use the [img] tags to link

RE: The Tangle - Photogallery - Farseer - Apr-21-2010

Well, I managed one which came up fine from FB (but I later deleted when attempting to redo the lot), and the pic of the bulls on Albertosaurus Rex's post was one he (she?) somehow made from one of the other FB links I'd put in so they must work, just not how I am doing it Dodgy !!

Having never done it before, I tried to used the tabs in subsequent attempts, and thought that I finally had it right after seeing the correct way to do it in a reply quote code from chriSchaeffer who had posted his iPad pic, BUT it still didn't work and I am conscience of driving you all nuts with my attempts...thought it best left for the time being!

ps Flickr and Photo Bucket are as foreign to me as straight-talking is to the Fool but I see I will have to learn!

Just checked, Albertosaurus Rex is definitely male (am sure you are happy to know, AR!) Proud ,sorry, should have gone to your profile first!

RE: The Tangle - Photogallery - Nuytsia - Apr-22-2010

Hehehe don't worry about driving me nuts (apart from being too late to 'drive' me nuts) - I love mucking around on forums and giving out strange advice.
Wish I could remember what went wrong that time I tried to link to FB pics.... but the fact that I signed up to Flickr makes me think it was a pretty fatal flaw....
(although obviously you were able to do it once.... which means it should be possible - it's not just something like the preferences for the pictures is it? I know you can set preferences on FB that pics are viewable by anyone, or 'just friends' or other options. It's not that your pics aren't set to public viewing?)

It's annoying to have to do it in a way - I guess you could always just keep on doing it as an 'attachment'
A lot of forums won't let you do that, which is why I started using Flickr.

Maybe try a test post linking to an image somewhere elsewhere on the internet (just anything) to make sure you are using the [img] tags correctly? Just as a process of elimination?

Edit: ok I couldnt resist trying to link to my Facebook pic to see what happened and it seemed to work..... it doesn't seem to make any difference if the photos are marked as 'friends only' in FB (that WAS a longshot). When you right click on the picture in FB you need to 'copy image URL' (not something else like 'copy link address') and you should be able to paste in the link (the text should start with http and end with .jpg) between the img tags ......
[Image: 9135_1260500233182_1249962217_750218_8027658_n.jpg]

RE: The Tangle - Photogallery - Nuytsia - Apr-28-2010

ps I hate when these guys come in the house - I always manage to spot them just as I'm going to bed ......HOW does such a big spider get in through such a tiny space (seeing we have flyscreens on the windows I don't even know what space they are getting in through)

RE: The Tangle - Photogallery - maulkin - Apr-28-2010

How big is that spider?