thePlenty.net Forums
Where did you get your username from? (some RotE-ish spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Where did you get your username from? (some RotE-ish spoilers) (/thread-122.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Where did you get your username from? - maulkin - Apr-06-2010

Tasmania sounds like a biologist's dream. It is somewhere that I have wanted to visit for a long time but never found a good enough excuse!

RE: Where did you get your username from? - Nuytsia - Apr-07-2010

It's definitely a good place for a visit! Lots of places in Australia are of course.
It's a shame in a way that the wildlife here seems so abundant that people really take it for granted, with I'm afraid dire consequences in future.
Re plants, I often wish I knew a botanist so I could solve some of the mystery plants growing in my 'garden'! I do my best though, and it's good to see more and more info on the internet on that topic.

RE: Where did you get your username from? - Farseer - Nov-09-2011

Bumping this thread for newer members... Smiling

RE: Where did you get your username from? (some RotE-ish spoilers) - 'thul - Nov-09-2011

hmm...These beings are uncertain whether 'thul count as "newer member", though 'thul never posted here.

The name is derived from another name they use online, the apostrophe hiding a few letters, and another letter has been added to obscure further and change pronunciation.

RE: Where did you get your username from? (some RotE-ish spoilers) - Valarya - Nov-11-2011

My username was created by me 6 years ago and I have used it ever sense. It's a blend of two of the most-influential fantasy book series to me at that point in my life and I've been using it ever since on forums, social networking sites, video games and more.

Valar = the creators of Middle Earth and the "gods" who sat ready to aid Elven-kind when they first inhabited the planet.

Arya = from SoIaF (she's one of my favorite characters)

I combined the two: Valarya

It turns out the word/name was in existence before I ever "created" it, but I didn't know about that until years later.

RE: Where did you get your username from? (some RotE-ish spoilers) - 'thul - Nov-11-2011

Creating names is a most difficult art. Especially creating good names that have not been used before.

RE: Where did you get your username from? (some RotE-ish spoilers) - fool-ish - Nov-12-2011

Boring as mine may be, I live up to it most days!

RE: Where did you get your username from? (some RotE-ish spoilers) - Farseer - Nov-12-2011

The funny thing, fool-ish, is that I hardly ever live up to mine! P

Great background on your name, Valarya. I'll have to keep a special eye out for Arya when I eventually get through ASoIaF. Smiling

RE: Where did you get your username from? (some RotE-ish spoilers) - 'thul - Nov-12-2011

Arya be one of the characters that 'thul consider "favorite".

RE: Where did you get your username from? (some RotE-ish spoilers) - fool-ish - Nov-12-2011

Arya would be one of my favourites too