thePlenty.net Forums
Suvudu Cage Matches [now with more fitz!] - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Suvudu Cage Matches [now with more fitz!] (/thread-129.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Suvudu Cage Matches - Antebar - Mar-09-2011

Hi to you all! Smiling

I've dropped in just to let you know that the poll for Fitz is finally open:

Martin the Warrior versus FitzChivalry Farseer
(the match will end on Sunday, March 13th, at 5 pm, ET)

Greetings from Italy! Flowers

RE: Suvudu Cage Matches - 'thul - Mar-10-2011

for plain non-magical warriors, can anyone beat cohen the barbarian?

RE: Suvudu Cage Matches - Albertosaurus Rex - Mar-10-2011

Some thoughts on the Martin vs. Fitz fight:

1. I am delighted that Martin has to fight Fitz. There is a lot of fantasy I still have to read, so I don't know all the characters. These are two characters that I know and love.

2. Is Robin Hobb okay with this? Considering her view on fan fiction...

3. Why a piece of fan art? Martin has been featured on multiple book covers, interior art and the companion book Tribes of Redwall: Mice. There was also a tv series based on the book Martin the Warrior. So why fan art?

4. The size issue. Redwall characters exist in a world without humans. The animals' size relative to each other is ill-defined too. According to Jacques, they're "as big or small as your imagination sees them". So when Martin meets Fitz... does he really have to be mouse-sized?

5. Despite these issues, I thought the story was quite amusing.

6. My vote goes to Fitz. Sorry Martin.

(Attached: Two pics of Martin by Chris Baker, to my mind the definitive Redwall artist.)

RE: Suvudu Cage Matches - Mervi - Mar-10-2011

Thanks for the tip Antebar!

I'm happy to see Fitz included, although again they're making mistakes with the facts (Fitz not having combat experience? Puh-lease) and I expect when we get to next rounds, it will again start to look more like a popularity contest and not an actual discussion on how things could happen. (Yes, still bitter about Jaime.)
Yet, I'm ready to defend Fitz' honour until death! Knight
(Although I have to say if Fitz ends up against Snape I'm just going to cry in a corner for a week.)

RE: Suvudu Cage Matches - Albertosaurus Rex - Mar-10-2011

Yep, I can see it turning into a popularity contest again. Jon Snow looks set to win the vote against Takeshi Kovacs. Excuse me?? As author Richard Morgan rightly points out, Kovacs is basically an almost superhuman assassin who is nearly immortal. I love Jon Snow much more than Kovacs, but I can't see him win this fight.

RE: Suvudu Cage Matches - Mervi - Mar-11-2011

Come on, guys. That damn rat has a 200 votes lead. Mobilize your friends to defend the Bastard! Knight

RE: Suvudu Cage Matches [now with more fitz!] - Albertosaurus Rex - Mar-11-2011

You mean mouse. He's a mouse. Rats are traditionally bad guys in the Redwall novels.

RE: Suvudu Cage Matches [now with more fitz!] - joost - Apr-04-2011

Another cage match, sortof: Would would win? River Tam or Buffy Summers?
http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/306/dark-horse-vs-river-tam-vs-buffy-summers

RE: Suvudu Cage Matches [now with more fitz!] - Farseer - Mar-06-2012

For those of you interested, a 2012 Suvudu Cage Match has begun and this time it features Fool. Joker Jump in here if you'd like to help Fool to a win.

Thanks to Antebar for the tip and link, and lots of Hobb love Wub Slurp Grouphug to all of you friends over there in the Italian tangle known as Blood Memories.

Oh, and it ends at 5pm on Thursday, March 8th, 2012....so, only two days away! Knight

RE: Suvudu Cage Matches [now with more fitz!] - Valarya - Mar-12-2012

I wish I had seen this earlier.. but I am glad Fool won!!! Big Grin

I like how in their version of what they think will happen, the other fighter's mind wanders off to fantasies of FitzChivalry and then ends up face to face with his gorgeous self. Wub

What do you think of the way they made Fool fight?
I just noticed Round 1 is done for everyone and there are several literary characters in this year that I love. Big Grin

Bast is from The Name of the Wind by Rothfuss and he has advanced to Round 2 as well. Though he's in a different bracket and doesn't have to combat the Fool until the "final four," he'll be fighting against Richard Rahl from the Seeker of Truth novels next.

Lady Jessica from the DUNE novels has already been defeated in Round 1. Down

Gimli and Harry Potter are in the same regional bracket although Gimli was defeated in Round 1. I'm guessing Harry Potter will win that bracket.

And last but not least, Tyrion Lannister is in another bracket (separate from Bast, Fool, HP and Gimli) and I suspect he'll make it all the way to the top since this is just a popularity contest. Big Grin He did beat out a great character from the Dragaera novels by Steven Brust, though. -_-

Oh, also.. I just noticed that Sith Lord Revan is in the same bracket as the Fool and I guarantee he'll win over Fool. Guess we'll see soon!!!!