thePlenty.net Forums
The Wheel of Time; Endless, almost literally - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: The Wheel of Time; Endless, almost literally (/thread-1307.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: The Wheel of Time; Endless, almost literally - Valarya - May-16-2013

Yeah, I had to be completely immersed in Middle Earth in order to inhale the Silmarillion, but then again - that's what I do. It's why I love huge series like Dragaera, WoT, RotE - because I can just read more and more and more!!! P

I don't know if I could have gotten through it as a stand-alone, but I read it after I'd finished the trilogy, and then after the Silmarillion I went on to the Lost Tales and all those other books (skipping all editor's notes from JRR's son lol).

RE: The Wheel of Time; Endless, almost literally - Luckheart - May-16-2013

Dragaera ? I haven't heard of 'Dragaera' before - Sounds like more on the reading list P

Talking about skipping editors notes, have any of you perhaps read 'The Princess Bride' ? or even seen the film ? Smiling

RE: The Wheel of Time; Endless, almost literally - joost - May-16-2013

I've read The Silmarillion several times. The biggest mistake you can make with that book is to think it's a story. It's not, it's a history book.

RE: The Wheel of Time; Endless, almost literally - joost - Aug-13-2014

Started a re-read of WoT in february, and I'm at book 12 now. So no 2 months for me....

I loved the first few books when I read them the first time (which must've been around 2000 or so), but books 7 to 10 bored me to death, because hardly anything was happening. So when 11 was released I decided to wait for 'the last book' (at that time RJ thought there would be only one more book) before I'd finish the series. And then the b*^*rd decided to die. One meter of books and no end! So when Brian Sanderson decided to take over I was glad that at least I'd get an end. But then I heard that there would be 3 more books, so I decided to wait longer. And longer. And I almost forgot the series existed, until I remembered early this year that I still hadn't bought book 14 yet. After ordering it, I started to re-read the entire series, which has been going on for several months now. I occasionally have weeks where I hardly read anything at all, and weeks where I finish one book in (almost) one go, and a few weeks ago I started the part that was new, although I have to admit that I had lost memory of a lot of plot details in the intermediate years. Books 7-10 weren't as slow as I had remembered (although it could've benefitted from tighter editing, RJ is no GRRM or RH when it comes to writing about details). RIght now I'm about 1/4th into book 12, and I like Sanderson's style so far.

RE: The Wheel of Time; Endless, almost literally - Valarya - Aug-14-2014

I really love Sanderson as an author. I've read all of his other series/novels and am in love with his creativity and story-telling capability. I think he was stunted a bit in figuring out Mat for book 12, but eventually realized his mistake and did a splendid Mat (and all the other characters) for 13 & 14. It helps that Sanderson had been a huge huge fan of this series since he was a pre-teen. Big Grin

I recommend his other stuff. Particularly the Stormlight Archive (my new favorite of his) and Mistborn (my old favorite of his lol).

RE: The Wheel of Time; Endless, almost literally - joost - Aug-30-2014

Finished book 12 last week. The battle of Tar Valon was just ... wow. Can't wait to read how this continues (although I've read a few spoilers on the WOT wiki).

But I'm waiting with #13 until I've finished Fool's assassin Smiling.

RE: The Wheel of Time; Endless, almost literally - chongjasmine - Sep-28-2014

I finished the wheel of time series.
I really enjoy it.
I love the universe and the characters in Wheel of time.