thePlenty.net Forums
Fool's Assassin - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Upcoming books & other RH news (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Fool's Assassin (/thread-1331.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Fool's Assassin - mmmmmmm - Jan-06-2014

I am really liking the fact the only things I know about Fool's Assassin are the current projected release date and the two key characters who appear in it.

What do you think are the odds of me keeping it that way until the book is in my sticky hands? Book

RE: Fool's Assassin - KekPafrany - Jan-08-2014

(Jan-06-2014, 11:08 PM (UTC))mmmmmmm Wrote: What do you think are the odds of me keeping it that way until the book is in my sticky hands? Book

As long as the Dutch version doesn't come before the English version, we all will be fine Wink
I don't want to know more about the novel either, spoilers are my arch enemy.. Smiling

RE: Fool's Assassin - joost - Jan-10-2014

No Dutch version announced yet, as far as I can see (I'm assuming that the same publisher, Luitingh, is releasing it).

RE: Fool's Assassin - o0Ampy0o - Jan-11-2014

I'll reveal this much of what I know, that is a great title for the first book.

RE: Fool's Assassin - Carrickstoneamy - Jan-23-2014

I wonder will the Traders and the Buck keep characters come together. The dragons are an important link, will that be developed? Could Fitz and the fool go on an adventure on Paragon? Will they travel to the fools homeland? Will we discover who the mystical beings in the skill are? Nettles skill coterie will surely play a big role. I hope Fitz bonds with another animal or do I? I'm very excited to say the least.

RE: Fool's Assassin - KekPafrany - Jan-30-2014

(Jan-23-2014, 11:35 PM (UTC))Carrickstoneamy Wrote: I hope Fitz bonds with another animal or do I? I'm very excited to say the least.

Knowing how stonehead Fitz can be, he might find out an idea to "abandone" everybody and going full alone for a quest, of course with all the imaginable good intents to "protect" everyone, like it happened in the past.

It would be good and enjoyable if he found a new old blood friend for himself - I'd like to see a new animal character, but my heart would bleed for Nighteyes's memory at the same time.

RE: Fool's Assassin - Carrickstoneamy - Feb-06-2014

But what animal would you like Fitz to bond with? It would have to be a female wolf or mountain lioness. I wish night eyes had had cubs. Dutiful and nettles brother will definitely bond, perhaps we will get to know their animals well. I love Robin Hobbs ability to characterize animals.

RE: Fool's Assassin - o0Ampy0o - Feb-08-2014

I suspect Hobb will give Fitz another animal bond before his life is over and hopefully it won't be anything like a pregnant cow or a rat. It has to be something functional. Can't see a turtle or a goldfish offering much to an adventure.

RE: Fool's Assassin - KekPafrany - Feb-08-2014

Fitz got along well with dogs. Cats were too "alien" for him, so were the birds.

So first I could think "It will be a canid again" - but that would be somehow expected. Hobb likes surprises and likes telling a story - and with a difficult bond animal there might be a story in the bonding itself.

So I can imagine a feline or a bird, because they are so "alien" for Fitz.

RE: Fool's Assassin - o0Ampy0o - Feb-12-2014

Hobb has placed some limitations on what she can work with in the coming series. It has been a while since I read the books. Fitz talked about several things tying up loose ends when Hobb finished the final Fool book. Didn't Fitz describe how he never ended up bonding with another animal after Nighteyes?