thePlenty.net Forums
Fool's Assassin - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Upcoming books & other RH news (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Fool's Assassin (/thread-1331.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Fool's Assassin - finella - May-16-2014

(May-15-2014, 07:02 PM (UTC))Raptori Wrote: I actually liked Liveships more than the other books, the complexity of the plot and characters was perfect. Out of the rest I thought Assassin's Apprentice was almost as good as Liveships, then the rest of the Fitz books marginally behind that, then RWC not quite at the same level. Something like 5*, then 4.5*, then 4* in terms of Goodreads ratings.

Yes, the Liveships ARE pure magic. The characters, the scenery and the plot are simply fantastic. But I admit, that with each re-read I declare the actual trilogy, that I just read, to my favourite Big Grin.

I think the fact that she planned and wrote the new book without any fanfare shows that it's a story she was ready to continue, rather than her cashing in on popularity. Smiling

At the last AMA (you were there. I saw/read youBig Grin) she said, that she continued the story the way, she originally intended to and not make it suitable to the many wishes of her readers. I’m soooo glad for that. All this blabla about an unfitting end for Fitz and that he should have been king and wasn’t honoured enough and should live happily together with the fool etc.. really gets on my nerves. I think we should trust, that Robin knows best about the whishes of Fitz. She knows him much longer than we do.

Haha hopefully in a good way! The new protagonist is a completely new character. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, so I'll just say that you don't have to worry about it being someone unconnected who would take the story away from Fitz and the Fool. That's definitely not going to happen Smiling

Definitely Yes!!! I feel very goodClapping Because this really sounds thrilling.
I thought I might wait until at least the second book is out and I'm satisfied just to look at it in my bookshelf, but I fear, I will not have the strength. But waiting is also awful. Mr. Martin ist already overcharging my Patience Mad

RE: Fool's Assassin - Raptori - May-18-2014

(May-16-2014, 12:12 PM (UTC))finella Wrote: Yes, the Liveships ARE pure magic. The characters, the scenery and the plot are simply fantastic. But I admit, that with each re-read I declare the actual trilogy, that I just read, to my favourite Big Grin.

Yeah I'm the same, but when I haven't read them for a while it's definitely Liveships that sticks out in my memory as the best read, along with Assassin's Apprentice. My initial reaction to the new book is that it's on a similar level to AA. Will have to wait and see how I think of it in a couple of months time though!

(May-16-2014, 12:12 PM (UTC))finella Wrote: At the last AMA (you were there. I saw/read youBig Grin) she said, that she continued the story the way, she originally intended to and not make it suitable to the many wishes of her readers. I’m soooo glad for that. All this blabla about an unfitting end for Fitz and that he should have been king and wasn’t honoured enough and should live happily together with the fool etc.. really gets on my nerves. I think we should trust, that Robin knows best about the whishes of Fitz. She knows him much longer than we do.

Haha yeah I was Big Grin Yeah mee too, I've spoken to a few people who are really upset about the bits they've been spoilered on, but personally I just want the characters to feel like themselves. Hobb can take the plot wherever she wants, it's been great so far Smiling

(May-16-2014, 12:12 PM (UTC))finella Wrote: Definitely Yes!!! I feel very goodClapping Because this really sounds thrilling.
I thought I might wait until at least the second book is out and I'm satisfied just to look at it in my bookshelf, but I fear, I will not have the strength. But waiting is also awful. Mr. Martin ist already overcharging my Patience Mad

Cool Big Grin Yeah I would never be able to do that, I have an even worse problem in that when I'm enjoying a book it takes me about a day to read. I try to pace myself so that I can enjoy it for as long as possible, but it just doesn't work...

Funny, I've never read any Martin. Just never appealed to me for some reason! P

Advanced reader edition - merkur224 - Jun-07-2014

I was so honored to receive a copy of the book today at the Phoenix Comicon!
I didn't expect anything when I spoke with the Del Rey exhibitors at the booth and was surprised with an advanced reader edition! With the promise I will write a review on goodreads.

[Image: 10458670_10203899333229490_1975413070414047603_n.jpg]

RE: Fool's Assassin - Mervi - Jun-15-2014

Hey if one of you lucky arc-owners wants to start a new discussion where you can compare notes and talk freely without fear of giving away spoilers, feel free to do that! Smiling Just mark the heading clearly with "spoilers", please. The rest of us can then hop on in about two months time...

RE: Fool's Assassin - KekPafrany - Jun-22-2014

(Apr-06-2014, 09:20 AM (UTC))o0Ampy0o Wrote: What is as cool or cooler than a wolf? A buck could be his new Wit bondee.

Well.... There is a bee on this cover:

http://bloodmemoriesit.tumblr.com/post/89144495825/fools-assassin-arc-source-frell-dren

A beehive would be the most strange bond animal.. Slurp

RE: Fool's Assassin - merkur224 - Jun-24-2014

(Jun-22-2014, 09:25 AM (UTC))KekPafrany Wrote:
(Apr-06-2014, 09:20 AM (UTC))o0Ampy0o Wrote: What is as cool or cooler than a wolf? A buck could be his new Wit bondee.

Well.... There is a bee on this cover:

http://bloodmemoriesit.tumblr.com/post/89144495825/fools-assassin-arc-source-frell-dren

A beehive would be the most strange bond animal.. Slurp

If I recall correctly in Assassin's quest Burrich had commented and laughed on how brilliant Molly was when she fooled their pursuers with "witted bees."
I don't want to spoil anything, but you're on the wrong track P
Dismiss the wit part, but don't dismiss the bee part

RE: Fool's Assassin - joost - Jun-24-2014

Hello Merkur,

I can't PM you, because you have PM-receiving disabled.

If you find errors in the ARC, you can contact Robin directly through her own website (http://www.robinhobb.com, use the 'Contact' link). I'm sure she'll be glad to receive storyline errors and hopefully it's not too late to fix it before the official release.

RE: Fool's Assassin - joost - Jun-26-2014

Answer from Robin when I asked her on her newsgroup:

Robin Hobb Wrote:But if it's any comfort, I think I know the mistake you spotted and yes, we
fixed it.

Unless there's another one . . . .

RE: Fool's Assassin - Mervi - Jul-19-2014

I started a new thread in the main RotE room for those who have already read the book and want to talk about it. 24 days to go for the rest of us!

RE: Fool's Assassin - Duhovnii_Snob - Aug-09-2014

The first 50 pages were released!!!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/236176894/Fool-s-Assassin-by-Robin-Hobb-50-Page-Fridays