thePlenty.net Forums
Weird and interesting TV facts - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Weird and interesting TV facts (/thread-137.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Weird and interesting TV facts - IceBlade - Oct-19-2010

(Oct-19-2010, 01:24 AM (UTC))Mervi Wrote: I've never seen TRW so I have to ask whether she does anything related to archeology in it? Robin has mentioned judo several times in her newsgroup when talking about her family (most recently just a day or two ago referring to books about it) but the archeology part has always been a bit of a mystery to me. I mean, there's always [[Cut]] but we should try to remember that's fiction... Wink

Nah, it's just a show about throwing young photogenic strangers together in an apartment and basically seeing what happens next. It was one of the very first "reality" series, far preceding survivor and the stuff that's on today.

Actually a pretty good slice of late teens to mid twenties life in the mid-90s. Today's versions of it are pretty worthless, but at the time it was revolutionary.

Just very very random to find out one of my favorite authors had a kid who was on it, though I guess these days its more who DOESN'T know someone who has been on a reality show ...

RE: Weird and interesting TV facts - Nuytsia - Oct-20-2010

Hmmm weirdly I was just checking out Journey Quest the other day ..... not that weird tho' as I found it thru Robin Hobb's blog... !!!

RE: Weird and interesting TV facts - Mervi - Oct-20-2010

Isn't it interesting how sometimes random but connected things just happen simultaneously? IceBlade's story is a great example of this. I'm often spooked by hearing the same word spoken/sung (radio/tv/pod) at the same time I'm reading it (book/online).

RE: Weird and interesting TV facts - Farseer - Oct-21-2010

Yes! As extension work for school, my daughter has to pick 'random' topics to research and then report on her findings. A few months ago she chose to find out more about the mystery surrounding the Bermuda Triangle and then, that night, she sat down to watch TV and on comes 'The Bermuda Triangle Exposed'...freaky Radar ! *X-Files music plays*

RE: Weird and interesting TV facts - Nuytsia - Oct-28-2010

I saw a bit of it tonight! I didn't realise it was on but then I switched channels and there it was. I tried to watch to get an insight into your life, but it got pretty annoying so I didn't last long. Why do they have to 'inject drama' into 'reality' TV. Soooo does not work.

(Oct-14-2010, 11:31 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Not weird and not a fact BUT could be interesting? If you're an Aussie who can view Channel Ten, watching 'Keeping up with the Joneses' (on right now, at least here in Qld) might give you a bit of an insight into my kind of life (minus the corny, show pony aspects!).

RE: Weird and interesting TV facts - Farseer - Nov-08-2010

(Oct-28-2010, 01:51 PM (UTC))Nuytsia Wrote: I tried to watch to get an insight into your life, but it got pretty annoying so I didn't last long. Why do they have to 'inject drama' into 'reality' TV. Soooo does not work.

(Oct-14-2010, 11:31 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Not weird and not a fact BUT could be interesting? If you're an Aussie who can view Channel Ten, watching 'Keeping up with the Joneses' (on right now, at least here in Qld) might give you a bit of an insight into my kind of life (minus the corny, show pony aspects!).

I'm glad you didn't stick with it. I haven't watched it since I made my last couple of posts about the show...the whole thing just irritated me, and continues to every time I think about it Rant !

Just to reiterate - what you may come across on this show is very little a reflection of us and our lifestyle, and I'm quite happy in NOT keeping up with the Joneses!