thePlenty.net Forums
Assassin's Apprentice comic book (possible spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Assassin's Apprentice comic book (possible spoilers) (/thread-140.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Assasin's Apprentice comic book - Farseer - May-02-2010

I agree...I wasn't too impressed by the interpretations either. I also wanted to mention that I found a little more info from this wiki
https://www.theplenty.net/wiki/index.php?title=L%27Assassin_Royal_(graphic_novels) ...it seems thePlenty really does have everything and it's just a matter of having to find all of the things that others have unearthed for us!

RE: Assasin's Apprentice comic book - Nuytsia - May-04-2010

(May-02-2010, 10:07 AM (UTC))Chrischa Wrote: Blink Ouch That looks horrible! Jonqui looks like she's got some sort of skin disease, not like a normal, strong elder woman.

Oh Jonqui that's the person I couldn't place! I could remember someone talking to Fitz at that time but the actual name of the vaguely remembered character escaped me. What's really funny is that I showed my boyfriend and (when I was trying to work out who that was) he said 'hmm who was it, Lady Thyme or something?'
Hehehe I had a laugh at the though that was the artists impression of Lady Thyme!

ps my boyfriend really didn't love the books that much and I was shocked he even remembered the NAME Lady Thyme, so I doubt he had any real idea who it was!!!!

RE: Assasin's Apprentice comic book - Mervi - May-11-2010

(May-02-2010, 12:07 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: ...it seems thePlenty really does have everything and it's just a matter of having to find all of the things that others have unearthed for us!

Not true! I dream of a day we have all the LST characters listed, proper articles for at least the major characters and ... *big sigh* up-to-date publishing information on all titles.
You all can help! Wink

RE: Assasin's Apprentice comic book - Nuytsia - May-11-2010

I want to but the only book I actually own is Dragon Keeper!

RE: Assasin's Apprentice comic book - joost - May-12-2010

(May-11-2010, 02:54 PM (UTC))Nuytsia Wrote: I want to but the only book I actually own is Dragon Keeper!
Since virtually none of the characters from DK are on the Wiki yet, it's good enough Smiling.

RE: Assasin's Apprentice comic book - Mervi - May-12-2010

Yes, even a simple list of all the DK+DH characters would be a wonderful addition! That's basically what most of the Farseer and Tawny Man characters in the wiki are atm, just names assigned to a category or two. But that's a start!

RE: Assasin's Apprentice comic book - Farseer - May-13-2010

(May-11-2010, 12:17 AM (UTC))Mervi Wrote: You all can help! Wink
First step, I've registered because I'd love to contribute! Next step, computer-challenged as I am, learning all the "How to"...Undecided...oh, my!

RE: Assasin's Apprentice comic book - joost - May-13-2010

[Completely offtopic by now]
After finishing DH, I intend to start creating character pages for the DK/DH duology.

RE: Assasin's Apprentice comic book - Mervi - May-13-2010

Ooh, I'd love to see some new contributors in the wiki! Smiling Most of the people who started some great articles there have vanished a long time ago...
Best place to start is to glance through the help page and then just choose and article and start editing it bravely. The cool thing about wikis is that it doesn't matter if something goes wrong - you (or someone else) can always fix it later.

Another good page to visit in the beginning is the projects page where you can announce if you're going to start a bigger project (such as listing characters from a new book) so others know about it and won't start doing the same thing.

All the articles have an accompanying "discussion" page that you can use to ask questions/report problems/discuss ideas for the particular page/subject (it's however NOT meant for discussion about the subject, that what these forums are for. Wink). If the page doesn't exist yet, just click on the red "discussion" link and create it. Smiling

If you need any more help, just ask me.

RE: Assasin's Apprentice comic book - Nuytsia - May-14-2010

Yay!!!!
Guess what I found an almost brand new copy of Fool's Fate in a secondhand book shop so now I own that too!!
Also - I actually intended to contribute to the wiki when I first signed up on the forum but errr I never got around to it yet. I'm reading the info files now too!!
Go us!