thePlenty.net Forums
Images are not showing - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Images are not showing (/thread-147.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Images are not showing - Liquid Ice - May-08-2010

(May-08-2010, 10:14 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Was just having a flick through the list of members and, for some reason (?), Manephelien's avatar shows up no worries...it's the only image on the entire forum that's coming up for me. You are all a lot more computer-savvy than I...why would this be?! Does it show up for you?

The only reasons this could be is because the images have been deleted off the web server, the images have been moved or the link for where they actually are has been changed.

There could be other reasons but they're prob most likely.

RE: Images are not showing - Nuytsia - May-08-2010

(May-08-2010, 10:14 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Was just having a flick through the list of members and, for some reason (?), Manephelien's avatar shows up no worries...it's the only image on the entire forum that's coming up for me. You are all a lot more computer-savvy than I...why would this be?! Does it show up for you?

Yep it shows up for me too. I'd say this is because Manephelien's avatar is hosted elsewhere, whereas all of ours have actually been uploaded to the plentynet site. If you look at the photos thread, the photos are showing (at least for me) and they are also hosted elsewhere on the web (just linked to here). As to why I am not sure..... the files SEEM to exist, but when I try to open the pic in a new tab it says 'Forbidden'!!! so maybe some sort of permissions problem. I'm sure Mervi will know straight away (wheeeere are youoooooo?)

RE: Images are not showing - Nuytsia - May-10-2010

Gees I hope Mervi is ok !!!!
She/he hasn't been on since 28 April ! Undecided

RE: Images are not showing - Mervi - May-10-2010

Hi guys! Sorry I had you so worried - I've simply been too busy to visit here (trying to find a job, cleaning the apartment before the plumbers come and administrating another big site/online community) for the past couple of weeks, I feel awful. In the future, if something bad is going on and it looks like I haven't been around for a couple of days, you can try to email me, or send me a twitter DM - I'm more likely to notice that than a new forum topic when I'm too busy.

I think the image problem is due to an error that is going on in my hotlinking prevention settings. They're somehow "jammed" - I need to contact my host about this. I hope to be able to fix it soon, I know it's annoying. Again, my apologies!

//Edit. Okay, I think I was able to fix it. Just clear your browser's cache and refresh the page - the images should show up again!

RE: Images are not showing - Chrischa - May-11-2010

Hurray, you did it! Clapping Thanks! Smiling

RE: Images are not showing - Nuytsia - May-11-2010

Thanks Mervi!
Don't worry, we were still able to continue our discussions so didn't really mind at all. Proud
Yay for smileys though!!!!

RE: Images are not showing - Farseer - May-13-2010

Cheers Mervi Thankful !

RE: Images are not showing - Albertosaurus Rex - May-13-2010

Images! Glorious images! Yay