thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - Valarya - Oct-30-2012

It's starting to get cold here. Sitting around the 40s-60s from night to day. At least I'm not in the path of Hurricane Sandy right now. There are millions without power in the Northeast of the US. I couldn't imagine.

We don't have any Northeasters here, do we?

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Oct-30-2012

these beings do not think there are any, no.

a comfortable -3.4/-3.2/-2.9 here now.

Got the first snow that did not melt on impact last night. hopefully the ground will freeze soon.

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Oct-31-2012

(Oct-30-2012, 12:39 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:
(Oct-29-2012, 10:33 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: I'm off to see a band whom I last saw live 22 years ago! So excited and giddy, I'm like a teenager again!

Now, you can't say that and then not tell us the name of the band! Tsk, tsk! Such teasing...! *wags finger*
Oops, sorry Undecided I went to see a band called 'Fields Of The Nephilim', gothic rock at its finest! (I can see you all shakin' your heads and thinking 'who?' P) But yeah, they were absolutely fantastic and well worth the bus/train journey over the border! P I won't wait another 22 years either! Big Grin

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Oct-31-2012

almost whatever band you name, 'thul can safely answer "who?".

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Oct-31-2012

Lovin' your new signature, 'thul! Did make me laugh when I read it just now Big Grin

Do you not listen to music at all? I find it soothes my mind..takes me away for a little while, rather like reading, I suppose..

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Oct-31-2012

these beings do it rarely. They don't really have any favorites, hence the lack of knowing names.

found the sig quote in our current reading project...

Furies of Calderon (Jim Butcher)

RE: What's happening in your world? - Albertosaurus Rex - Nov-01-2012

(Oct-31-2012, 10:00 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: these beings do it rarely. They don't really have any favorites, hence the lack of knowing names.

Finally, someone like me. Like you, I very, very rarely listen to music of my own volition. I don't hate music or anything, but it distracts me very quickly.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Valarya - Nov-01-2012

Fool-ish.. one does not have to know any bands in order to listen to music or not. Wait, does that make sense? Rather... my entire life is music, but I don't know any bands. See what I mean? Big Grin

I listen to Electronic music, mostly.

RE: What's happening in your world? - joost - Nov-01-2012

(Oct-31-2012, 07:01 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Oops, sorry Undecided I went to see a band called 'Fields Of The Nephilim', gothic rock at its finest! (I can see you all shakin' your heads and thinking 'who?' P) But yeah, they were absolutely fantastic and well worth the bus/train journey over the border! P I won't wait another 22 years either! Big Grin
Not all, I've heard of FOTN. Never seen them live though.

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Nov-01-2012

(Nov-01-2012, 04:09 PM (UTC))joost Wrote:
(Oct-31-2012, 07:01 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Oops, sorry Undecided I went to see a band called 'Fields Of The Nephilim', gothic rock at its finest! (I can see you all shakin' your heads and thinking 'who?' P) But yeah, they were absolutely fantastic and well worth the bus/train journey over the border! P I won't wait another 22 years either! Big Grin
Not all, I've heard of FOTN. Never seen them live though.

I had an inkling you may have heard of them, joost Smiling Truly, their live performances are like no other for atmosphere and stage presence...all smoke (machine), hats and *that* voice!

Valarya, I think that makes sense..sort of Whistling