thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - joost - Feb-03-2013

My mom's having her bday in a month, so I ordered the Farseer trilogy for her. She's reading the Elderling books in a somewhat odd order: Rainwild, Liveship, Farseer, and later this year I'm buying her the golden fool books for mom's day.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Feb-07-2013

It's been great to share in your mother's progression through the books, joost! Clapping

I would be really interested to hear her 'take' on things given her reading order. Kind of makes me wish for amnesia so that I could take her path and see if I 'see' things differently. Turned

EDIT: In such a hurry I can't even spell 'It's' correctly the first time! Surrender

Heading off for a long trip tonight. Was supposed to have already left so have no idea why I'm here! Big Grin

RE: What's happening in your world? - Valarya - Mar-04-2013

I had a terrible weekend, recently. I took my boyfriends brand new $550USD RC Car and smashed the crap out of it in to a concrete wall. Complete accident.... but I've been driving all over the place (in my real car) looking for parts, and working with a ton of those tiny parts scattered all over my living room this weekend trying to fix the thing. Finally got it done around 11pm last night but it has been just a nightmare of a weekend.

I felt so terrible smashing that thing (I crashed it so hard, hahaha) - and had to spend extra money I didn't want to. I'm actually excited to be back at work this Monday morning. :\ lol

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Mar-04-2013

(Mar-04-2013, 04:34 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: I had a terrible weekend, recently. I took my boyfriends brand new $550USD RC Car and smashed the crap out of it in to a concrete wall.

Blink Such walls are for banging heads against, Valarya, not cars!

(Mar-04-2013, 04:34 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: Complete accident.... but I've been driving all over the place (in my real car) looking for parts, and working with a ton of those tiny parts scattered all over my living room this weekend trying to fix the thing. Finally got it done around 11pm last night but it has been just a nightmare of a weekend.

Now I'm with you!! P $550USD is literally $550, not a typo of $55000 or some other American way of writing it Smiling , RC is remote-controlled and your 'real' car *is* your real car, as opposed to a toy one, and not just the car that is yours for real! Big Grin

As much as I am sure your weekend was a nightmare, it suddenly seems not so bad when compared with what I'd **initially** thought had happened to you. Whew! Slurp Grouphug

Big Grin

RE: What's happening in your world? - Valarya - Mar-04-2013

(Mar-04-2013, 09:56 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Now I'm with you!! P $550USD is literally $550, not a typo of $55000 or some other American way of writing it Smiling

Haha, yes. It's just $550. I only put USD (United States Dollars) at the end for conversion purposes. Although I just looked it up and Canadian and Australian conversion rates from the USD are pretty spot on. Blushing

(Mar-04-2013, 09:56 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: RC is remote-controlled and your 'real' car *is* your real car, as opposed to a toy one, and not just the car that is yours for real! Big Grin

As much as I am sure your weekend was a nightmare, it suddenly seems not so bad when compared with what I'd **initially** thought had happened to you. Whew! Slurp Grouphug

Big Grin

Surrender Yes, yes. A remote controlled car. But still a fancy toy to be smashing up and feeling horrid over after only having it for 1 whole day. Ouch P

RE: What's happening in your world? - joost - Mar-04-2013

(Mar-04-2013, 04:34 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: I had a terrible weekend, recently. I took my boyfriends brand new $550USD RC Car and smashed the crap out of it in to a concrete wall.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_njleoL2O0M

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Mar-05-2013

Actually, brick walls are best for banging heads. Just as Stone walls are for fists.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Valarya - Mar-05-2013

(Mar-04-2013, 11:36 PM (UTC))joost Wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_njleoL2O0M

Hahaha, that was wonderful. I just showed it to my b/f and told him he needed to get a smaller RC Car so he could do this. P

RE: What's happening in your world? - Mervi - Mar-16-2013

After 15 months of travelling, I've arrived from the record-hot and dry NZ summer into the colder-than-usual late Finnish winter, so I'm experiencing an interesting mix of jetlag, reverse culture shock and a general out-of-place feeling. Basically my inner compass, alarm clock and thermostat are going Blink Blink Blink. At least I seem to be able to switch back to using Finnish without any major problems.

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Mar-16-2013

we'come back to proper temperatures...