thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - Valarya - Mar-16-2013

Wow, 15 months of traveling!? How does one do that? That sounds.... amazing.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Mar-16-2013

(Mar-16-2013, 08:39 AM (UTC))Mervi Wrote: After 15 months of travelling, I've arrived from the record-hot and dry NZ summer into the colder-than-usual late Finnish winter, so I'm experiencing an interesting mix of jetlag, reverse culture shock and a general out-of-place feeling. Basically my inner compass, alarm clock and thermostat are going Blink Blink Blink. At least I seem to be able to switch back to using Finnish without any major problems.

To quote a popular Aussie TV show, "Thank God you're here!" Slurp

RE: What's happening in your world? - Mervi - Mar-16-2013

It was amazing, and a lot of other things. Smiling Basically, I had a New Zealand "working holiday" visa for 12 months,(which allows one to take up short term work while travelling, including working for accommodation and wwoofing type jobs which are pretty easy to find there) I then hopped over to Australia for a couple of weeks (mostly to please my 12-year old self who would have been really disappointed otherwise, but I really didn't plan it enough) and then went back to NZ for three months on a tourist visa to say my goodbyes and because I just couldn't get enough of that place. Wink

Oh and please don't expect anything big to happen here right away - I've got a huge amount of things to do and organise (starting from where I'm going to live next heh) and although I know some things here are in desperate need of fixing and updating, I'm going to have to get certain things running first (started tonight by setting up my old desktop computer - couldn't figure out the master password from all that time ago so had to do some, err, tinkering) but I promise I'll get to it as soon as I can!

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Mar-17-2013

Take your time. Its not as if anything is truly wrong here.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Mar-17-2013

Other than everything that one known as Farseer has smooshed since your departure. Wink Big Grin

Happening in my world? Lots of driving, lots of working, lots of school. Up late cooking biscuits, slices and cakes for staff smokos tomorrow. Same as any other day. Sleeping Smiling

My trip to New Zealand is likely years off at this rate...!

RE: What's happening in your world? - Valarya - Mar-18-2013

It's crazy to think that Mervi had just left for NZ when I started posting here!

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Mar-18-2013

these beings are going to participate in an election for a student body community thing today. Only time will tell if they get elected.

RE: What's happening in your world? - joost - Mar-18-2013

I may go to Finland in 2015 to visit my brother and then see the world championship biathlon in Kontiolahti, but that's still far away.

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Mar-19-2013

these beings did not get elected, which is probably in many ways a good thing. (it was essentially a festival board of directors/planners)

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Mar-21-2013

These beings wonder if it is unreasonable to expect a call from all closest members of your family on your birthday and not just from four out of five groupings? (grandparents on each side, parents, and both siblings rather than just one sibling)