thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - Mervi - Jul-18-2010

Wait... how can you have negative rainfall? I know the heat has made me really dumb lately, but I just don't get this one. Blink

RE: What's happening in your world? - Nuytsia - Jul-18-2010

I agree Farseer, there's some great info on BOM !
I was a bit disgruntled when they apparently closed down part of the monitoring station at Grove (our nearest). So no longer get things like soil temps etc (the 'agricultural bulletin' i think it was called). Still get general weather info though.

Mervi, although it FEELS like we have got negative rainfall Rant
what that map is showing is not the actual amount of rainfall we've had, but rather the rainfall anomalies (for this year so far).

So we (in the dark orange) have had somewhere between 600 millimetres and 1000 millimetres LESS than the average figure for 1 Jan to mid July.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Mervi - Jul-19-2010

Ooh, now I see. Should have really been able to figure that out by myself. P

What's happening right now in my world is that the plumbing of my apartment complex is being renovated. Two guys appeared before 8AM to cover up some of the floor and to dismantle some shelves so they can start to work in my flat - and then disappeared. They're working in several apartments at once, so the approximate schedule for the whole operation is about 5 weeks. I'm not looking forward to the drilling, dust and the annoyance of people coming and going at all times (well, just weekdays and not hopefully after 4PM but even so)... but at least it's summer so I can escape outside to read a book or something.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Nuytsia - Jul-19-2010

Oh Mervi that sounds like a drag! Especially the before 8am part! >Down
Turning up, doing two things, then disappearing? Sounds like builders are the same the world over......

Happening in my world:
Just received a spam email that was actually really amusing. Better than simply unwanted...

RE: What's happening in your world? - Albertosaurus Rex - Jul-19-2010

(Jul-19-2010, 01:22 PM (UTC))Nuytsia Wrote: Happening in my world:
Just received a spam email that was actually really amusing. Better than simply unwanted...

Details! Details!

Greetings from France. Well, it turns out that we can connect to internet at our very own cottage. All the comfort from home, eh? It's been a nice few days so far. I might upload a few pictures later - not too many, though, I'm not very big on putting personal stuff on the internet.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Jul-20-2010

(Jul-19-2010, 04:41 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: I might upload a few pictures later

Clapping Glad to hear you're having a nice time!

RE: What's happening in your world? - Nuytsia - Jul-20-2010

(Jul-19-2010, 04:41 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote:
(Jul-19-2010, 01:22 PM (UTC))Nuytsia Wrote: Happening in my world:
Details! Details!

Oh crap, now you'll know how easily amused I am!!!!
Here it is:

Erm sexual content....

RE: What's happening in your world? - Mervi - Jul-20-2010

Oh, and it's actually 7AM they're supposed to start, I checked from the papers we got. Although today they didn't come to my flat at all, although they were working in the one below it (they're supposed to work "vertically"). I don't mind getting up early to get out of the way, but it's kind of frustrating not to know whether I'm getting up for nothing or not.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Nuytsia - Jul-22-2010

ERk totally! I would have to clean up this pigsty I call a house before I could let anyone in (but I'm sure you're not like that)
Also getting up early is my PET HATE!

RE: What's happening in your world? - Mervi - Jul-23-2010

Oh Nuytsia, you have no idea how many days I spent cleaning before they started! Big Grin I have WAY too much stuff that just floats around (and is now piled against walls and furniture so there's enough clear space for them to move around) and I have to confess I'm not very fussy about cleanliness - I guess that comes from having spend much of my life with and around animals - you grow so accustomed to dust and mud and fur and dry leaves and bits of old bones everywhere that you just don't notice them anymore... until the moment you know someone's coming to visit, and then you look around and panic! P