thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - Nuytsia - Jul-23-2010

Hee hee I have too many piles of stuff too! Mainly books and papers .....
Yeah I just can't seem to keep my immediate environment tidy for any length of time, and it's always a massive clean up when people are coming to visit!

Hey what animals ???
Not any more seeing you live in an apartment I guess?

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Jul-23-2010

only three woolly mammoths, from what these beings would guess...

RE: What's happening in your world? - Mervi - Jul-23-2010

Nah, just dogs in the house (and fish although I guess I can't blame them for sand in the floor and fur in the curtains?) and horses - well, horses never IN the house, but it's impossible to try to keep the dust etc from coming home with me from the stables.

Oh and nothing at the moment, except the fish. (You actually are allowed to keep pets where I live as long as they don't bother other people. It's more of a time/money/resources issue for me at moment.)

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Jul-23-2010

No woolly mammoths?

RE: What's happening in your world? - Nuytsia - Jul-25-2010

hmm woolly mammoths?

Cool Mervi! Great that you are allowed to keep pets! A lot of places in Australia don't allow pets. Boo!
Oh yes , how could I forget your fish!

It's true they do take up a fair bit of time, especially a problem if you want to go on holidays.
Happening in my world:

Well not much improvement on the water front. It actually RAINED properly last night for the first time in ages.... but alas not for very long..... I was actually standing out in it like yeah middle of the outback, the drought's broken, EXCEPT it was getting dark and bloody freezing!!! Anyhoo, had to move a few things around into / out of the rain ..... don't think we actually got more than a few millimetres in the end... bah!! Sounded like heaps going into the tank but really won't last long.
Had to pump MORE water out of our bushfire fighting tank just in case we run out during the week. Gees how can there be so many different plastic fittings just to connect one pump and two hoses!!!!
Gah sounds like now we are getting gale force winds. RAIN damn you, not WIND!

Also, bought three apple trees and a quince tree. Got a good deal on the apples - 3 for $20. Yay! C'mon fruit! Add those to the cherry and two pear trees I bought a couple weeks ago and the orchard's taking shape. (in addition to some apples and plums planted last year, a little rabbit savaged, but they're ok)

Also, saw something flash up on the TV saying they're finally going to be screening 'Deadwood' here. Heard good things about it. Something to watch on tele at last!!!! (other than the world cup, heheh)

RE: What's happening in your world? - maulkin - Jul-26-2010

I have returned from Turkey where, as expected, it was very hot and humid. The first week was spent at a conference in Trabzon (on Turkey's North-East coast), so most of my time was spent in an air-conditioned conference centre which could have been anywhere in the World. My hotel room was not air-conditioned (because I am a cheap-skate) and was next to a mosque which woke me up at 4 am with a call to prayer (which I did my best to ignore). After the conference, my family joined me. We paid a brief visit to friends across the border in Batumi, Georgia and then headed back into Turkey where we spent a lovely few days in rustic accommodation, hiking in the cool, misty Kackar mountains before flying back with a few days stop over to see Istanbul (magnificent - especially the Aya Sofya). Turkey is a great place to travel with a baby. The Turks made such a fuss of Emily that now she expects cuddles from everyone!

RE: What's happening in your world? - Nuytsia - Jul-26-2010

Maulkin that sounds awesome! I hate going somewhere for work and not being able to get out and about (not that I go as far afield as overseas for work).
Glad to hear you got the whole family involved!!!

RE: What's happening in your world? - Mervi - Jul-28-2010

I'm going to be AFK from Thursday to Sunday *insert Chade's voice here* ... please try not to discover any crises while I'm gone. P It's time for the annual "real life" meeting of the Finnish Tolkien online community I help to moderate and I'm also part of the team organizing the event (and the uh, chair... elf P of the society that runs the whole thing). Anyway, not sure I'm going to take my laptop since there's no proper connection available (we're in the middle of "nowhere" aka forest) and I wouldn't have much time to check online things anyway. So, posts waiting for approval etc will have to wait till next week - sorry about that. If there's an emergency, send me an email (I'll be checking it with my iPhone) and I'll try to see if I can help.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Nuytsia - Jul-29-2010

Heheheeh let's be good kids and not break anything!! Innocent

Goodness that sounds interesting, a meeting of the Tolkien society in a forest in the middle of nowhere with no technology!!!! I want photos!!! Wink
At least of the forest.....??? I've never seen Finnish forest!! I imagine it's amazing!!!!

Happening in my world:
The platypus in our creek is back! Yay!
Still no rain and I found a dead frog! Are they connected? Maybe...

RE: What's happening in your world? - joost - Jul-31-2010

I went, together with sister, her bf and their 2 kids, to Brussels today for a Tove Jansson exhibition. For those who think 'Tove who?': She created the Moomins. Very nice exhibition! After that I went to the permanent exhibition, where there was a lot of Kuifje (Tintin), Suske & Wiske (Bob & Bobette / Willy & Wanda), Guust Flater (Gomer Goof), and more characters from Dupuis.

After the museum I went to see Manneken Pis (a fountain in the shape of a pissing boy, his name means 'Little boy pee'), and walked a bit through the center of Brussels.And now I'm exhausted.