thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - Liquid Ice - Aug-25-2010

So atm I'm in my two week time of serving for justice. Eg: Jury Duty.
I had to go on Tuesday but before I could even get close to any jurying because a case was dropped and I was told to go home. Haven't been called out since. Which I suppose is a good thing but I kinda wanted to give it a shot Down

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Aug-25-2010

Oh, what a bummer Liquid Ice...not that I'd WANT to do jury duty but it would still be disappointing if I'd got that far in, AND been so keyed up, only to have it all fall in a heap at the last minute!

Nuytsia, you are involved in an amazing assortment of activities...first pottery, now a choir...fair dinkum, I am IMPRESSED!! I played with plasticene today and sang along to a John Cougar Mellencamp song in the supermarket...hmm...gotta start somewhere I guess P ?!

And what I wouldn't give to go on a hike like the beings 'thul have done recently!

RE: What's happening in your world? - NeverBeenWise - Aug-25-2010

I just got back from helping my aunt with stuff for an art show, and tomorrow (!!!) I'm heading off to college.

Oooh, Nuytsia, a choir, yay! At my aunt's house I heard a song played on the radio that I had played in orchestra in my first year of high school. :') Brought back memories. Is it a big choir with lots of men in it?

RE: What's happening in your world? - FoolMoon - Sep-01-2010

Hi everybody. i didn't have the chance to write here for the past month, and boy was i busy.

So my friend and i went to the lovely London and i got my greedy hands on Dragon Haven and a few other books that were no where to be found in Israel. i don't know if it's just Israel being small or England being big, but OMG, the bookshops were soooo big. my friend, the fellow book lover, and i almost melted in joy seeing these huge shops! we've been to Foyles, 3 branches of Waterstones and Blackwell's, as well as a few smaller, hidden places. I really wanna go back.

Since i got back i was really busy, and not just reading Dragon Haven [almost finished]. i had a Con to make a two costumes for, but the hard work paid off and my Cosplay Group won 2nd place!

Also, i'm moving to the city this Sunday. since i got back i found a job, an apartment and two awesome roommates and right now i'm packing my room in boxes, already packed my clothes and my books, which i had a really hard time to fit in one box.

Anyway, that's what i'm up to :-) hope i didn't bore you too much.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Liquid Ice - Sep-02-2010

(Sep-01-2010, 11:59 PM (UTC))FoolMoon Wrote: Hi everybody. i didn't have the chance to write here for the past month, and boy was i busy.

So my friend and i went to the lovely London and i got my greedy hands on Dragon Haven and a few other books that were no where to be found in Israel. i don't know if it's just Israel being small or England being big, but OMG, the bookshops were soooo big. my friend, the fellow book lover, and i almost melted in joy seeing these huge shops! we've been to Foyles, 3 branches of Waterstones and Blackwell's, as well as a few smaller, hidden places. I really wanna go back.

Since i got back i was really busy, and not just reading Dragon Haven [almost finished]. i had a Con to make a two costumes for, but the hard work paid off and my Cosplay Group won 2nd place!

Also, i'm moving to the city this Sunday. since i got back i found a job, an apartment and two awesome roommates and right now i'm packing my room in boxes, already packed my clothes and my books, which i had a really hard time to fit in one box.

Anyway, that's what i'm up to :-) hope i didn't bore you too much.

Wow, you've been up to alot! Trip to England sounds awesome. You enjoying Dragon Haven? Any pics of the costumes? P Or at least what were you cosplaying?

RE: What's happening in your world? - FoolMoon - Sep-02-2010

oh! i'm enjoying Dragon Haven very much! can't stop smiling while reading it.

anyway, this is my favorite picture:
[Image: 29lz41f.jpg]

and this is my group (not all of it, but most of it)
[Image: 2wmezww.jpg]

the series name is Pandora Hearts, if you care to google it, and my character's name is Rufus Barma

RE: What's happening in your world? - Liquid Ice - Sep-02-2010

Hmm, can't say I've heard of Pandora Hearts before but after a bit of a google and a bit of a youtube you guys have done a pretty awesome job.
Love both pictures!
Sooooo epic Big Grin

RE: What's happening in your world? - joost - Sep-16-2010

Finished my bachelor paper (written together with one other guy) about a month ago, and today I had to defend the paper in front of a study committee. And we passed! So now it's just some formalities, and then I can officially call myself Bachelor of ICT.

@FoolMoon (I know, a bit late) nice pictures. I've never heard of that anime either, but it looks nice. Is that your natural hair colour or were you wearing a wig?

RE: What's happening in your world? - NeverBeenWise - Sep-17-2010

I must say that I have fallen under the spell of Prince Poppycock.

On America's Got Talent, this normal (okay, fairly handsome) guy was being interviewed and said he'd just love to be a singer. Then he walked onto the stage and my jaw hit the floor: he was dressed in spring green satin. Wearing a towering wig. And EXTREMELY heavy face makeup - as in white grease paint and giant, glittery eyes. And he sang opera. And his voice was WONDERFUL.

Now I'm obsessed! I can't help it. This first audition was actually not the act I saw first - my first encounter with the Prince was actually his third act, where he was dressed in red, blue, and sparkly green spandex and he sang "Vesti la Giubba." I loved him because he reminded me a LOT of the Fool, especially with his wig being made of white feathers.

So yeah, I'm a loyal Poppy now. XD And proud of it.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Sep-18-2010

(Sep-16-2010, 02:31 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: Finished my bachelor paper (written together with one other guy) about a month ago, and today I had to defend the paper in front of a study committee. And we passed! So now it's just some formalities, and then I can officially call myself Bachelor of ICT.

BRAVO joost Clapping !