thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - Mervi - Sep-18-2010

I've been sick for a couple of days. Nothing serious, just a nasty bout of flu. But I'm really bad at being sick, even if it means I have a perfect excuse to use all day for reading and watching DVDs.

In other news, it turns out that Patience (the fish) is after all a female. She's been laying eggs for about an hour today. Lacey follows her and eats them all. I thought they were both males, but am not so sure anymore.

Also, I'm DYING to know what "Blue Boots" is about. I've seen several book review blogs mention that they've got the ARC for "Songs of Love and Death" but so far haven't found any clues (I even asked one of them to give us some, but so far no answer).

RE: What's happening in your world? - redchild - Oct-02-2010

The weather has been nuts. A week ago we had cool, autumnal temps. Then this entire week has been hot 90F degrees, with Monday being the hottest at nearly 110F. Yesterday some places saw showers and lightning. This morning I woke up to thunder.

I had to look outside and see if there were any lions prowling about.

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Oct-02-2010

At the location 'thul currently possess, it is an comfortable 7.1 degrees Celsius. (measured with an platinum resistance thermometer at 2m above ground level, within a sheltered space to avoid sunlight contamination, is it is quite exact.)

'thul are quite sure there are no lions prowling around their location, but there might be one or two of them Ursus maritimus herds. They keep coming back, no matter how much 'thul chases them away.

RE: What's happening in your world? - joost - Oct-02-2010

Passed my RHCT (RedHat Certified Technician) exam yesterday. One more certification on the long list I gained this year.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Oct-02-2010

(Oct-02-2010, 11:21 AM (UTC))joost Wrote: Passed my RHCT (RedHat Certified Technician) exam yesterday. One more certification on the long list I gained this year.

Good on you, joost Clapping !

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Oct-02-2010

these beings have roughly one hour and fifteen minutes till they are going to be official guards at a concert at their university... they are unfamiliar with the main artist, but for all they know, some here might know of that artist.

Wikipedia link

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Oct-03-2010

Did the beings 'thul enjoy their night? Hopefully it was free from trouble and so you were all able to concentrate on the artist, though I've never heard of her either...had a look at the link though, thanks!

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Oct-04-2010

They did. For the most part, the guests behaved properly. sluicing in excess of 2000 persons through three doors about 2m wide each, in the space of as little time as possible however, is hard...

These beings were busy checking IDs, so they did not see the artist, but that is of little import... 'thul could hear the artist a long distance away.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Albertosaurus Rex - Oct-04-2010

So I met this guy today on the street. A foreign, well dressed man. He says (In English): "Excuse me."
"Yes?" I reply.
"You are a very lucky person."
"...why?"
"You will have a long and interesting life. You have an interesting forehead." At this point he taps his own forehead with a pen. "It means you think a lot."
And that's when I decide that he is creeping me out and I quickly walk away without saying another word.

Seriously, what did the guy want? I couldn't shake the feeling that he or an accomplice was attempting to rob me...

RE: What's happening in your world? - Liquid Ice - Oct-05-2010

(Oct-04-2010, 09:16 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: So I met this guy today on the street. A foreign, well dressed man. He says (In English): "Excuse me."
"Yes?" I reply.
"You are a very lucky person."
"...why?"
"You will have a long and interesting life. You have an interesting forehead." At this point he taps his own forehead with a pen. "It means you think a lot."
And that's when I decide that he is creeping me out and I quickly walk away without saying another word.

Seriously, what did the guy want? I couldn't shake the feeling that he or an accomplice was attempting to rob me...

I say he put a curse on you.
Watch out for flying fish