thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Mar-08-2011

Now these being have to repair a bike so they will now have to walk to the center of the (agrarian) metropolis to get hold of a new tire... (and possibly tube as well...)

RE: What's happening in your world? - Nuytsia - Mar-09-2011

Shelob?
Nah pretty sure she was venomous.....

(Mar-01-2011, 10:31 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings are fairly happy about not having any venomous spiders here. There is that odd 50m spider stomping around shaking the ground, but it ain't venomous... (or maybe thats just overly active imaginations?)

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Mar-09-2011

Shelob's sting did not kill... It merely caused temporary global paralysis. Besides, Shelob was not even close to 50m...

RE: What's happening in your world? - Albertosaurus Rex - Mar-09-2011

I am currently working on a presentation I will have to hold tomorrow and it is not working. At all. I'm just about ready to bang my head against a wall in frustration.

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Mar-10-2011

Beating flesh against stone means only one thing... The stone wins.

RE: What's happening in your world? - redchild - Mar-10-2011

The wall could be made of cheese. Or marshmallow.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Albertosaurus Rex - Mar-10-2011

Luckily I managed to restrain myself. But I just did something that I am not proud of. I just sent my lecturer an e-mail telling him that I am not well and can't attend class and hold a presentation today.

It's the first time in four and a half years of college that I've done something like this. I have never run away from a presentation before, no matter how difficult. This one drove me insane.

RE: What's happening in your world? - redchild - Mar-10-2011

If buying more time will help pull your presentation together, then do it. Better to have a good product that took a little more time than completely trash it, unprepared and with bits of wall cheese still stuck to your head.

Good luck with your presentation!

RE: What's happening in your world? - Albertosaurus Rex - Mar-10-2011

Thank you. I'll probably have to tackle a different text when my turn finally comes, though. Maybe that's for the best. And I guess that I should be thankful this is the first time it's ever happened.

RE: What's happening in your world? - redchild - Mar-12-2011

It's so ridiculous how people just love to push their stereotypical views and stir up old dirty laundry that really has no business with the present. WWII was several generations ago. A natural disaster is not some wrathful divine being's retribution. Victim blaming is such a wonderful waste of breath, also. As if anyone can ever be fully prepared to be slammed by the entire ocean.

Watching footage of the Pacific ocean sweeping away Sendai makes you think about how it would be if suddenly everything in your ordinary life is wiped out completely, where survival depends on luck and no amount of preparation can guarantee it. The cause being a natural phenomenon, you can't put the blame on any one person, either.