thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - May-24-2010

(May-23-2010, 10:34 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I have heard many people say that when you visit Canberra in winter you get a small snapshot of what it would be like in Canada

Blink...trumps are yours, Lord Punctual!! I have a feeling those 'many people' have no idea as to what they are talking about...! Love it!

Afterthought: If I had to live in a climate like that, I'd reckon I'd have to petition a national period of human hibernation...looks like the perfect temperature for staying in bed and reading RotE books!

RE: What's happening in your world? - Nuytsia - May-24-2010

Heh I must admit the coldest air I recall ever feeling WAS in Canberra........ when I lived in Melbourne I went to Canberra for the first time and I cannot recall what time of year it was but I don't think it was winter. We were walking back from the pub one night and my cheeks were literally aching with the cold air !!!!! Argh!

Nice pic Lord P !

RE: What's happening in your world? - Albertosaurus Rex - May-25-2010

It's finally getting sunny and warm again here.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Nuytsia - May-25-2010

I'm jealous Albertosaurus!

What's happening here: neighbours sheep keep escaping and visting our house. Freaked the cats out yesterday!

Also, huge flock of ravens visited today and were cawing madly all around the house in the treetops. I didn't realise how different they sound in the mountains - so echoy and eerie. THAT would have sounded awesome in the movie The Birds!

RE: What's happening in your world? - Albertosaurus Rex - May-26-2010

Heh, don't get jealous too soon. It's cloudy today. The weather can be quite erratic here...

RE: What's happening in your world? - Nuytsia - May-26-2010

Hehehe I thought we INVENTED erratic weather..... (but I'm likely wrong!)
We were cloudy today too....... .grrrrrrrrr NO rain NO sun!
We are this close to running out of water and I'm cold regardless. Bummer........

Also happening in my world: discovered a new place to eat out - YUM!
This looks like what I had [Image: 3846627827_a472ea3499.jpg]
*drool*

RE: What's happening in your world? - Nuytsia - May-28-2010

Wow I'm now "Catalyst"!!!

Not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed, but I just found out I've made by far the most number of posts of anyone on the forum!!!!!!!!!

RE: What's happening in your world? - Mervi - May-29-2010

Yeah you guys have really exceeded all my expectations/hopes in the past few weeks. Smiling When I configured those titles I thought that nobody would really want to use this forum much, and that it would take some time to reach those numbers. P

I guess I need to start thinking about what to add after "beloved". Any suggestions?

RE: What's happening in your world? - Nuytsia - May-30-2010

Hehehe wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Gees how can you top Beloved? I sure don't know!!!
What about 'Hobb-like' hehehee
Hobbian?
Gee sounds a bit like hobbit!

Happening in my world - we DID run out of water!!!!!!!!! Geees this is a drought! We got a measly 0.6mm rain in the past week and no rain forecast again until Friday (which could be another crappy amount). So we had to pump a bit of water out of our bushfire fighting supply tank to the house tank. We don't have a pump yet so had to borrow from neighbours and buy some damn pipe and fittings which hit the wallet pretty hard! Didn't have much choice though....

Happening in someone else's world - weirdest news story I've seen in a while
Love the headline too

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - May-31-2010

Even in heavy, prolonged drought we, at least, still have the Great Artesian Basin to keep us going. Hope it rains for you soon, Nuytsia.

Oh, NOOOOO!! I am going to have the Banana Splits theme song in my head for days now!!!! Loved it as a very young kid though Smiling !

ps Still thinking on a higher-than-Beloved title, Mervi...better be quick, Nuytsia and Lord Punctual may get there before the year's end Big Grin !!!