thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - Apricots - Sep-29-2011

(Sep-28-2011, 09:12 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: We're experiencing an Indian summer over here in Blighty..lovely! Toohot

Our poor garden plants are so confused.

In fact, I'm confused - what ever happened to cardigans, scarves and thick socks? I like autumn just fine when summer doesn't belatedly turn up and replace it.

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Sep-29-2011

It is finally heading towards comfortable temperatures outside these days... though it is still often a bit too warm... at 13.5C now, though it on clear nights may approach the freezing point. (These beings rather like it around -10C)

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Sep-29-2011

(Sep-29-2011, 08:34 PM (UTC))Apricots Wrote:
(Sep-28-2011, 09:12 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: We're experiencing an Indian summer over here in Blighty..lovely! Toohot

Our poor garden plants are so confused.

In fact, I'm confused - what ever happened to cardigans, scarves and thick socks? I like autumn just fine when summer doesn't belatedly turn up and replace it.
Our poor plants don't know what day it is either! I didn't enjoy the heat at all today..it was horribly hot at work. I'll enjoy it much more tomorrow when I'm off!

@ 'thul..-10 would bring this country to a standstill! We're hopeless when it comes to snow and ice 22

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Sep-30-2011

The world would be an interesting place after a little fimbulwinter

There were some trees in a neighboring city that got confused recently. They started blooming. In the middle of the autumn.

RE: What's happening in your world? - joost - Sep-30-2011

In a while I will be leaving for three days of industrial, noise, breakcore and more electronic mayhem: Maschinenfest. My ears will hate me, but I will love it Smiling.

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Sep-30-2011

These beings figured that they would toss in a small, chuckleworthy bit of news...

Some dog in Oslo decided to take the subway home. Without its owners. It'd been delivered to a day-kennel, but got homesick and somehow found its way onto the correct subway to get towards its owner's home.

That has got to be a pretty smart dog.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Nuytsia - Oct-06-2011

(Sep-29-2011, 12:53 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: One day I will be putting ice in already cold drinks, eating ice-cream, sitting in air-conditioning and thinking of swimming but the next I'll be covered from head to toe in warm clothing, drinking hot Milo, eating soup and shivering like it's mid-winter.

Hehe, here that could all happen in the one day!

We had a bit of an 'early' Spring in August/September and some of the fruit trees started putting out flower buds but then it got really cold again late Sept and that really confused them! Some went ahead regardless, some opened SOME flowers, and my one of my apple tree just sat there with unopened flower buds for WEEKS and only today are one or two flowers opening (and they look a bit munted).

I'm sick of cold now, BRING ON HOT WEATHER!

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Oct-06-2011

hmm... these beings are looking forward to the cold weather... lovely snow...

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Oct-06-2011

I like to look at the snow from the comfort of my nice warm living room...detest going out in the stuff! I fell three times last winter going down our hill...cold, wet and embarassing!

After basking in 28 degrees this time last week, today we are experiencing 5 degrees, gale-force winds, hailstones and thunder and lightning. Weird, wacky weather!

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Oct-06-2011

the time in between summer and winter can be annoying. but its very nice when around middle of the winter and it is properly cold, staying well below freezing all day. The slipperiest time is when the temperature jumps around the freezing point. a stable temperature of -10C will generally also mean that there is not much snowfall.