thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Nov-03-2011

A challenge indeed! Last year I forgot shower gel, toothpaste and to my daughter's utter horror, hair straighteners! Surrender

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Nov-03-2011

^ You can get by without shower gel and toothpaste but Heaven forbid you forget the hair straighteners! Big Grin

I have been through my sons' teenage years without mishap so I am curious to find out how all will turn out with the journey through my daughter's. I have tried to raise her as a 'strong' female but, even as a ten-year-old, sometimes her strength, resilience and confidence becomes a frustrating barrier for me, just when I need her to be pliable: "You can be as strong and confident and as stubborn as you like but, damn it, when it comes to me, just do what you're told and do it without question...immediately!" P

@ 'thul: Thanks for the reminder, 'thul beings. I will have to keep an eye out for 'Inheritance'. I haven't made any progress through 'Eragon' yet Whistling but one of my sons will be holding out for the latest release.

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Nov-03-2011

You'll get there... you'll get there...

Its a very good book once you're far enough into it to notice that it has got its hooks into ya...

RE: What's happening in your world? - Valarya - Nov-04-2011

(Nov-03-2011, 11:48 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: Yesterday afternoon, these beings put in an order for "Inheritance" by Christopher Paolini. Only 6 days till its official release. Hopefully the book will arrive thenish.

Oooh!!! I had no idea. Thanks for the reminder, thul beings. I need to re-read book 3 before I dive in to the new one, however; it has been a very long time...

(Nov-03-2011, 11:47 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I have tried to raise her as a 'strong' female but, even as a ten-year-old, sometimes her strength, resilience and confidence becomes a frustrating barrier for me, just when I need her to be pliable: "You can be as strong and confident and as stubborn as you like but, damn it, when it comes to me, just do what you're told and do it without question...immediately!" P

HAH! Right!? I have an 11 year old daughter. I know that feel. Toohot

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Nov-05-2011

These beings have now begun burning stuff into the walking stick they have been working on for a while now. So far they have covered roughly 1/9th of it. In scales.
Though not as magnificent as a true RotE dragon (or Elderling), the scaling is rather nice so far.

Here's what the current branding looks like, as well as the initial head design.
[Image: th_IMG_2119.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG_2114.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG_2113.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG_2112.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG_2107.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG_2105.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG_2103.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG_2102.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG_2099.jpg]

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Nov-06-2011

Rather nice? Yes, yes indeedy!

Wonderful to finally get a look at the fabled walking stick, and well worth the wait - I'm impressed by both your skill and patience, 'thul beings! Happyballoon

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Nov-06-2011

It'd take weeks to burn if 'thul were to take small scales. Currently the scales are roughly 1.5-2cm long, whereas the first scales, on the head, were maybe 3mm long.

These beings will sometime try to make a endcap for it, either out of hammered metal, or cast out of some epoxy 2-component thermosetting polymer.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Nov-06-2011

Having burned text and images into wood before, I know that those scales are no mean feat. The day you are done, you should share it with Robin. No pressure Big Grin but I'm sure she'd enjoy seeing yet another RotE-inspired product from a fan.

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Nov-06-2011

Only the lords of time know what will happen... Provided that they exist, of course.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Valarya - Nov-11-2011

(Nov-06-2011, 10:49 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: Only the lords of time know what will happen... Provided that they exist, of course.

I can't but help thinking this is a Doctor Who reference. Big Grin