thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Jan-14-2012

Work DownRant

There was a time, not all that long ago, that this post and it's negativity wouldn't have made it to this lovely forum..but alas, things are changing, and not for the better.

Ok, all done with whinging, back to business.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Jan-14-2012

Even the most cheerful, positive and optimistic of us need to whinge about life now and then. Slurp Well, that's as good a way to excuse my own recent post as I can think of! Big Grin

Should you need to return to whinger status, I'm all ears...literally...my ears are quite large!! P

I mentioned elsewhere that I have been fighting a seemingingly unwinnable fight against boils. My second son has been dealing with them for almost twelve months and finally, FINALLY, he seems to be making progress. *quickly touches a piece of wood* At the very least, he is living life free of pain for the first time since Feb last year.

Hugs Grouphug to that itinerant doctor who chose to listen and also then act to eradicate the problem rather than prolong it, and who was not even in our closest town long enough to find out how much he helped! If I were a member of the medical profession and had seen my son in such a state (and there have been many involved in my ongoing son's care these many months!), I'd have been embarrassed to know that a teenager walked around having to deal with what he has been dealing with for so long.

My eldest had a particularly bad case while he was here with us over Christmas (though with far, far fewer outbreaks than my other son) and my daughter also got a couple that thankfully came and went with little drama.

Hot washing everything (including myself!), handwashing until my knuckles have bled, disinfecting everything from floors to doorknobs and remote controls etc and driving in and out of town for appointments and prescriptions (we don't have a chemist in town so I must go to the doctor one day, have a prescription sent to another town to be filled and then have to drive back into town to pick up the medication even though I have the same medication in our Flying Doctor medical chest!!) has taken a great chunk out of life and I hope this show of progress continues...life at university will be overly difficult otherwise especially as my son will be living on campus and sharing a bathroom/living area with two other people!

Of course, this all started last year with his having got them while attending boarding school! Surrender

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Jan-14-2012

Gah! I bore myself silly when I whinge, not to mention everyone else! Thanks for offering your ears though P

Glad to hear you're winning the war against the boils! It must be horrible for all concerned. I hope your son begins to feel better soon Smiling

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Jan-14-2012

These beings are yet again drawing...
[Image: th_SettlerCity1.png]
[Image: th_SettlerCity2.png]
this time its a man-made mountain/city/fortress.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Valarya - Jan-15-2012

Farseer... I had a dream about you last night, hahah.

In this dream you were driving me somewhere. Where? I don't know. I'm guessing it was somewhere in Australia from the way it looked out the window.

I asked you how far away the school you taught at was, and you said just 6 miles, so you didn't have to go "in to town" often. Then I commented on the fact you didn't have an Australian accent.. and you replied people from your village don't. Hahahah

It was, um, random? But right before it was over I commented how happy I was to have met you and everyone else on the forums. Proud

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Jan-15-2012

How strange! I dreamed that I attended a forum meet type thing at a convention type thing. Almost everyone on here was there, queuing to have a book signed. Who was signing the books, I've no idea! P

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Jan-15-2012

Just about to start school for the day/year so will come back (where did those holidays go?! Blink ). I did have to say though that you two could just as easily have put those posts in the 'You know you're obsessed when...' thread! Big Grin

Even further...I've had such dreams too! What does this say about us?! Surrender P

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Jan-15-2012

It says we're all ever so slightly obsessed P and that a meet would be great but probably impossible as we're scattered all over the globe!

RE: What's happening in your world? - Valarya - Jan-16-2012

Wait, so you actually DO teach school? I didn't just make that up in my dream? My subconscious remembered seeing it somewhere on here and just threw it out at me in my sleep? That's wonderful, hahah.

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Jan-16-2012

You'd be surprised how much knowledge humans pick up without noticing it. The subconscious has access to all that hidden knowledge, the knowledge you have but do not remember having.