thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - Valarya - Feb-16-2012

At least you had a restore point! That's nice! You have to be careful with some windows updates. The ones that install automatically shouldn't be a problem, but if you check off to include all the "extra" stuff, those have been known to cause problems of this sort before.

It seems strange, though. I'd recommend downloading a copy of CCleaner and cleaning the registry, as well as defragging, then try to run just the 'main' windows update again. Or don't update it at all.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Gielske - Feb-16-2012

These were just the automatic updates. You know when you switch off you can choose between regular shut down or instal updates and shut down.

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Feb-16-2012

A couple of those things sound like may be problematic to run in a linux distribution provided you do not have experience with running emulators and such.
It might be far better (and easier to deal with) to follow up on the tips Valarya gave...

Hmm... These beings are supposed to attend a costume party with the theme "fairy tale"... anyone here got theories as to how they can (mis)interpret such theme?
Hardest problem is the relatively great lack of materials to work with.

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Feb-16-2012

(Feb-16-2012, 11:09 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: Hmm... These beings are supposed to attend a costume party with the theme "fairy tale"... anyone here got theories as to how they can (mis)interpret such theme?
Hardest problem is the relatively great lack of materials to work with.
A pair of wings and a tail?

rather hard to construct, wings are. Even more bothersome to grow.

RE: What's happening in your world? - joost - Feb-16-2012

Go as the emperor of 'The emperor's new clothes'?

Interesting concept...

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Feb-17-2012

(Feb-16-2012, 11:20 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: rather hard to construct, wings are. Even more bothersome to grow.
I've got some you can have..three pairs in fact P

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Feb-17-2012

(Feb-16-2012, 11:20 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: rather hard to construct, wings are. Even more bothersome to grow.

Actually, they are quite easy. All you need is a pair of stockings ( I can't help but grin at the thought that you may actually have any in your draws 'thul beings! Big Grin ), two wire coat-hangers and some string or some such. Here's a set of bee wings I had to very quickly construct for my daughter last year...they're a bit daggy now but you'll get the idea.

Still, a fairy tale? I'd have said just wear a tail with a fairy on the end of it... P

(Feb-16-2012, 11:40 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: Go as the emperor of 'The emperor's new clothes'?

Oh, and just so that we're clear...we neither expect, or want, any photographic evidence should you choose this option!! Ouch