thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - joost - Mar-09-2012

My first reaction was 'Do I look like Vlad the impaler' too.

I'd be very unhappy if my mom tried to marry me off though.

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Mar-09-2012

I hope you sleep better tonight joost (Vlad Wink) It's not pleasant, sleeplessness Down

I know I'll sleep tonight, I'm exhausted after working 8 days on the hoof and the lovely thought that I'm now off for 11 whole days will just add to my comfort and bliss Sleepy

Here's to everyone having a good night's sleep! Flowers

(Mar-09-2012, 11:00 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings will leave in five hours to go into the forests to watch the Holmenkollen FIS World Cup Nordic.
What would that be then?

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Mar-11-2012

an international ski competition held in around "Holmenkollen" in Oslo, Norway. 50km race for the males, 30km race for the females. Norway had two contestants in top three on the former and five in top eight on the latter.
Not sure about results from the ski jumping competition yet.

RE: What's happening in your world? - FoolishGirl - Mar-13-2012

Fantastic day for a bike ride today.
I am so much nicer when I've been out on my bike. Just ask my husband.
Oh, and my bike has a name: Beloved.

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Mar-19-2012

These beings are now making an extra-wide sleeping pad. got it up from about 58cm to 80cm wide, with a plan of adding about 25cm more to it.

'thul bought an extra-cheap extra sleeping pad, then sliced it in half lengthwise with a knife. the first half has been sewn on, but not the second one yet.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Apr-03-2012

I have been so distracted by life lately with much happening. Likely the greatest thing of all that could contribute to 'change' is that the 135 000 acre piece of land that is currently our home is to be auctioned tomorrow...what will happen after that is anyone's guess! Happyballoon A possible crossroad dear friends, a possible crossroad...Joker

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Apr-03-2012

(Apr-03-2012, 03:07 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I have been so distracted by life lately with much happening. Likely the greatest thing of all that could contribute to 'change' is that the 135 000 acre piece of land that is currently our home is to be auctioned tomorrow...what will happen after that is anyone's guess! Happyballoon A possible crossroad dear friends, a possible crossroad...Joker
Blink Is this possible crossroads a good or bad thing? I admit to being somewhat shocked and appalled when I read it, though the smilies in your post, Farseer contradict those feelings in a way. Unless and I sincerely hope this isn't the case, you are, as people are wont to do, smiling through your pain (something I know about all too well) In any case, I hope the outcome is good for you and yours Grouphug

RE: What's happening in your world? - Valarya - Apr-03-2012

(Apr-03-2012, 08:54 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Blink Is this possible crossroads a good or bad thing? I admit to being somewhat shocked and appalled when I read it, though the smilies in your post, Farseer contradict those feelings in a way. Unless and I sincerely hope this isn't the case, you are, as people are wont to do, smiling through your pain (something I know about all too well) In any case, I hope the outcome is good for you and yours Grouphug

This is the same reaction I had as well. You OK, Farseer? Slurp

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Apr-06-2012

While things have been quite turbulent and directionless for a time, the place was sold at auction for $14.5 million (a good outcome) with another company property being passed in at $6 million (with negotiations continuing). The buyer has asked us to stay on and manage for a time so will see how things go with that arrangement, though we are yet to negotiate terms. I guess you could say that I had been smiling through the pain but it was more the pain of my husband and children I suppose. While this is home for all of us, 'home' for me is more where they are than where I/we live. I also just pretty much accepted that it was 'a changing time' and therefore it was possibly time for me to get out my hut and get out my rut and rejoin the world once more. Crown

Other than that, my school holidays are being chewed up at a rapid rate (!!) so my family and I are off to the coast for a bit of ice skating tomorrow afternoon (you heard that right...ice skating in the heat of a North Queensland autumn! Toohot ). We will also catch up with my sons on Easter morning before heading back home to a busy week filled with mustering and removing stock ready for sale.

If you celebrate Easter, I hope you enjoy your day. Slurp By the time I get back here I hope to have completed CoD (yeah, yeah, will believe it when I see it! Big Grin ) so I can get stuck into some in-depth discussions with you all! Book Grouphug

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Apr-06-2012

(Apr-06-2012, 11:02 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: While things have been quite turbulent and directionless for a time, the place was sold at auction for $14.5 million (a good outcome) with another company property being passed in at $6 million (with negotiations continuing). The buyer has asked us to stay on and manage for a time so will see how things go with that arrangement, though we are yet to negotiate terms. I guess you could say that I had been smiling through the pain but it was more the pain of my husband and children I suppose. While this is home for all of us, 'home' for me is more where they are than where I/we live. I also just pretty much accepted that it was 'a changing time' and therefore it was possibly time for me to get out my hut and get out my rut and rejoin the world once more. Crown

Other than that, my school holidays are being chewed up at a rapid rate (!!) so my family and I are off to the coast for a bit of ice skating tomorrow afternoon (you heard that right...ice skating in the heat of a North Queensland autumn! Toohot ). We will also catch up with my sons on Easter morning before heading back home to a busy week filled with mustering and removing stock ready for sale.

If you celebrate Easter, I hope you enjoy your day. Slurp By the time I get back here I hope to have completed CoD (yeah, yeah, will believe it when I see it! Big Grin ) so I can get stuck into some in-depth discussions with you all! Book Grouphug
Well, I hope things are less turbulent and have more direction for you all soon. Slurp

Have a great weekend and enjoy your ice skating Big Grin