thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - FoolishGirl - Apr-06-2012

Best wishes, Farseer, during your changing time! Maybe you'll "go golden". Joker

...and finish that book, already! Book

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Apr-09-2012

these beings just got back from their vacation... but they are rather tired now. slept poorly and far too little last night, then worked most of the day from 0600 to 1500, then traveled by train for about 8 hours, switching train twice.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Apr-10-2012

'thul! I missed you beings. Slurp Great to hear you've all had a vacation, albeit a tiring one. Smiling

As for me...I had a terrific time ice skating. Though we only got one hour in, it was worth the one thousand, two hundred kilometre drive just to see my daughter enjoy it so much. Smiling

And I didn't get even a page of CoD read! Visitors galore since our return is not helping and by the time we will be visitorless, I'll be back in for another busy term of school. I think a dummy spit may be in order...

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Apr-10-2012

Welcome back 'thul beings Big Grin

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Apr-10-2012

These beings are thankful...

Give meat now!

Fortunately 'thul did not have to help stand underneath the 300kg tent while it was being folded. (it had to be folded without touching the ground so it could remain dry)

RE: What's happening in your world? - FoolishGirl - Apr-10-2012

(Apr-10-2012, 11:29 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: And I didn't get even a page of CoD read! Visitors galore since our return is not helping and by the time we will be visitorless, I'll be back in for another busy term of school. I think a dummy spit may be in order...

Um, what's a "dummy spit"?

Sorry, it appears that my Australian-ness has raised its ugly head again! P

A dummy spit is from the saying "spitting the dummy" such as a child might spit a dummy out of its mouth in a tantrum or display of frustration or anger, refusing to be mollified I suppose. In this instance, I may need to throw a bit of a tantrum or display anger/frustration at not being allowed to take time out to read my book! Big Grin The little rant guy spits the dummy every time I use him... Rant

RE: What's happening in your world? - Valarya - Apr-10-2012

LOL, I've never even heard the phrase "spitting the dummy." According to the internet, that is also very Australian and you just made it MORE SO by amending it to dummy spit, hahaha.

Things I've heard to name what you're describing:

Conniption fit
Hissy fit
temper tantrum

Yup, those three fit just as nicely! Big Grin

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Apr-10-2012

such behavior reminds 'thul of the description of the behavior of one of the people living with a friend of theirs... only there its constant. The friend plans on buying that fellow a pack of diapers to symbolize the behavior.