thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Apr-12-2012

nope. what do palm trees lack that can commonly be found on most other trees?

RE: What's happening in your world? - FoolishGirl - Apr-13-2012

The big news here is:
I have quit my job
Yay
Clapping
Dance
Knight
Happyballoon
P
Cool

Um, yeah...it's a GOOD thing!

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Apr-13-2012

Decided to finally become a hermit in the Himalayas?

RE: What's happening in your world? - FoolishGirl - Apr-13-2012

(Apr-13-2012, 05:45 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: Decided to finally become a hermit in the Himalayas?

No, never that!

Decided to "follow my bliss". OK, I HATE that term. Let's just say it was time for a big ol' scary change. Smiling

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Apr-13-2012

(Apr-12-2012, 11:27 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: nope. what do palm trees lack that can commonly be found on most other trees?
Erm, branches?

(Apr-13-2012, 07:04 PM (UTC))FoolishGirl Wrote:
(Apr-13-2012, 05:45 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: Decided to finally become a hermit in the Himalayas?

No, never that!

Decided to "follow my bliss". OK, I HATE that term. Let's just say it was time for a big ol' scary change. Smiling
Well done, you brave person you! I'd love to quit my job, but I dare not. Things are just far too unstable. Lots of luck with whatever it is you intend on doing next Big Grin

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Apr-14-2012

Correct, fool-ish. The tree in question has no real branches until about the 9th meter or so up the trunk.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Apr-14-2012

(Apr-13-2012, 07:04 PM (UTC))FoolishGirl Wrote: Decided to "follow my bliss". OK, I HATE that term. Let's just say it was time for a big ol' scary change. Smiling

Onya FoolishGirl! Clapping Yay Dance Slurp

Wow, that's HUGE!

As for "bliss", I attended an educational conference at our nation's capital a few years and the guest speaker (lady who does the voice for Blinky Bill) told us all about the importance of "following your bliss" and trying to show our students how to find and follow theirs also. I told this to my son and he used it against me later when he chose to quit one important pursuit to choose another. I couldn't argue after that! P

That having been said, best wishes through the changes! Grouphug

That news has made my day...there's nothing like a change like that to allow us the freedom to grow! Smiling

RE: What's happening in your world? - Narya - Apr-14-2012

(Apr-13-2012, 07:04 PM (UTC))FoolishGirl Wrote:

No, never that!

I'm excited for you. What bliss, might I ask?

And as for aurora, here's a good taste. This is one of the few things I miss about Alaska.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0gOGtjEPGU&sns=em

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Apr-15-2012

these beings decided (a few days ago) to take a few days break from their writing in order to play through a bit of Mass Effect 3, which (as expected) turned out to be a rather excellent and time-consuming game...

RE: What's happening in your world? - FoolishGirl - Apr-19-2012

(Apr-14-2012, 06:49 PM (UTC))Narya Wrote: I'm excited for you. What bliss, might I ask?

Thanks to all for the good wishes, everyone! Right now, I'm focusing on spending time with my son while he still appreciates me. Blink

Once I finish up at the current job (early May), I'll look for part-time and/or freelance work in editorial services that doesn't interfere so much with family life. Yay! Can't wait!P