thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - Narya - Apr-19-2012

I went to periodic bouts of part time work when my kids were small. Staying home was the most expensive child care I could pick, but I'm glad I could afford it.

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Apr-19-2012

(Apr-19-2012, 12:30 AM (UTC))FoolishGirl Wrote:
(Apr-14-2012, 06:49 PM (UTC))Narya Wrote: I'm excited for you. What bliss, might I ask?

Thanks to all for the good wishes, everyone! Right now, I'm focusing on spending time with my son while he still appreciates me. Blink

Once I finish up at the current job (early May), I'll look for part-time and/or freelance work in editorial services that doesn't interfere so much with family life. Yay! Can't wait!P
Smiling They always appreciate you deep down, they just don't show it when they turn in to teenage mutants! Most do tend to come back to you eventually though, mine did. Good on ya and good luck Big Grin

RE: What's happening in your world? - joost - Apr-20-2012

I released my inner child and bought a Lego ship:
[Image: queenanne1.jpg]
[Image: queenanne2.jpg]

RE: What's happening in your world? - Narya - Apr-20-2012

Kewl!

The figurehead needs a battle ax. Wink

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Apr-20-2012

That looks like a most excellent ship...

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Apr-20-2012

Fab ship! Does it have a crew?
Two weeks off work!! Yay In between catching up with housework (yawn) and packing for our trip to Whitby (to say hello again to Bram and Cap'n Cook) I intend to do lots of reading...reading material to include CoD with any luck! Big Grin

RE: What's happening in your world? - joost - Apr-20-2012

(Apr-20-2012, 07:26 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Fab ship! Does it have a crew?
Blackbeard, Jack Sparrow, Angelica and four sailors.

(Apr-20-2012, 09:47 PM (UTC))joost Wrote:
(Apr-20-2012, 07:26 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Fab ship! Does it have a crew?
Blackbeard, Jack Sparrow, Angelica and four sailors.
Splendid! Big Grin

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Apr-20-2012

(Apr-20-2012, 08:28 AM (UTC))joost Wrote: I released my inner child and bought a Lego ship:

Love it - the perfect thing to plonk atop your lovely new bookshelf! Clapping The first thought that jumped into my head was "Kennit" ....Rant.... glad to see that he wasn't among the list of members of your crew! Pirate

Your ship would fit well in my maroon/burgundy-themed house. Such colour-coding comes from my 'inner Queenslander', with maroon being our state colour in sport and all else, and the best colour there is...especially when compared to blue (a discreet little poke at reecem27! Wink ).

What I really want to know is...did you build it yourself Uhhuh or did you buy it fully assembled?

While we do have far too many pieces of Lego in our house (!), Meccano has probably held my kids' interest for longest over the years...you can make a mean remote-controlled helicopter with that stuff!

(Apr-20-2012, 07:26 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Two weeks off work!!

Clapping

(Apr-20-2012, 07:26 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: I intend to do lots of reading...reading material to include CoD with any luck! Big Grin

Yay

I'm still plodding along, and you'll likely surpass me the way I'm going!

Have fun at Whitby! Grouphug

(Apr-20-2012, 11:08 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:
(Apr-20-2012, 08:28 AM (UTC))joost Wrote: I released my inner child and bought a Lego ship:

Love it - the perfect thing to plonk atop your lovely new bookshelf! Clapping The first thought that jumped into my head was "Kennit" ....Rant.... glad to see that he wasn't among the list of members of your crew! Pirate

Your ship would fit well in my maroon/burgundy-themed house. Such colour-coding comes from my 'inner Queenslander', with maroon being our state colour in sport and all else, and the best colour there is...especially when compared to blue (a discreet little poke at reecem27! Wink ).

What I really want to know is...did you build it yourself Uhhuh or did you buy it fully assembled?

While we do have far too many pieces of Lego in our house (!), Meccano has probably held my kids' interest for longest over the years...you can make a mean remote-controlled helicopter with that stuff!

(Apr-20-2012, 07:26 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Two weeks off work!!

Clapping

(Apr-20-2012, 07:26 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: I intend to do lots of reading...reading material to include CoD with any luck! Big Grin

Yay

I'm still plodding along, and you'll likely surpass me the way I'm going!

Have fun at Whitby! Grouphug
Thanks Farseer, I'm sure we will have fun! Big Grin

It's not all that long ago we got rid of our lego. The kids loved it, as did the vacuum cleaner! My poor bare feet thought otherwise..how painful is it when your foot encounters a stray lego piece!