thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - joost - Apr-21-2012

(Apr-20-2012, 11:08 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: What I really want to know is...did you build it yourself Uhhuh or did you buy it fully assembled?
Part of the Lego fun is building. I always have to refrain from pushing away my nieces and building their lego stuff myself when they get a new Lego box for a present. And it's only a few hours anyway (I think building the Queen Anne took me about 4 hours).

As a child, I played a lot with Fischer technik, but all the boxes with the pieces are now at my brother's so his two kids can play with it.

I hope to get another Lego ship (Black pearl) next week.It's not as big as the Queen Anne but it'll fit nicely on the bookshelf. I've been looking at some other Lego stuff too (Star wars!) but the stuff is so bloody expensive... I've seen a brilliant Death star but that one's over €400!

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Apr-21-2012

(Apr-21-2012, 01:22 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: I always have to refrain from pushing away my nieces and building their lego stuff myself when they get a new Lego box for a present.

Big Grin Clapping

(Apr-21-2012, 01:22 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: I've been looking at some other Lego stuff too (Star wars!) but the stuff is so bloody expensive... I've seen a brilliant Death star but that one's over €400!

Yes, Lego IS expensive (though anything Star Warsy is $$...Lego or no!)! I never did give in and buy Star Wars Lego but I always wanted to! P

Still, I'll never forget the day I bought my two sons their lightsabers and we powered them up for the first time...good stuff...and my daughter got plenty of use out of them too! How I never bought them all one of those Darth Vader voice helmets, instead of just the masks, I'll never know...a super show of willpower that! Proud

Ahem, not that any of that has anything to do with Lego... Whistling

Neither does this... Innocent

I have a teacher friend who has cupboards and cupboards of LotR and WoW figurines, and rooms filled with LotR scenes made out of styrofoam...just AMAZING, especially the one he did for Helm's Deep. He's single of course! No wife would ever put up with it all!! P

RE: What's happening in your world? - joost - Apr-21-2012

(Apr-21-2012, 01:48 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Ahem, not that any of that has anything to do with Lego... Whistling

Neither does this... Innocent

I have a teacher friend who has cupboards and cupboards of LotR and WoW figurines, and rooms filled with LotR scenes made out of styrofoam...just AMAZING, especially the one he did for Helm's Deep. He's single of course! No wife would ever put up with it all!! P
Lego is going to release LotR Lego somewhere this year Smiling

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Apr-22-2012

I'm not reading 'that' chapter of Fool's Errand ever again...thrice now it's set me off a-cryin'! Crying I do seem to time the reading of it well though...I'm always alone, so there's only me to tell me to get a grip! Blink

On the plus side...my copy of CoD has been dispatched! YayBook

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Apr-23-2012

On the plus plus side, CoD has arrived! Big Grin

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Apr-23-2012

good for you. Now you'll no doubt be rather caught up in reading it.

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Apr-23-2012

(Apr-23-2012, 08:32 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: good for you. Now you'll no doubt be rather caught up in reading it.
Ah, well I started Golden Fool, so will have to finish that first. I expect it'll make it's way in to my bag on Thursday though Big Grin

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Apr-25-2012

These beings are now wondering when the police will catch the gunman somewhere around them who shot some 60-year old man in the back a few hours ago. (according to a map, about 150m from where 'thul have alighted)

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Apr-26-2012

'thul...like, what happened last year wasn't bad enough? Blink Crikey, living out in the middle of nowhere (here! Smiling ) does have its advantages at times...like when there are lunatics on the loose with guns...!! Although that could well be describing my husband on any given day... P

(Apr-23-2012, 09:32 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Ah, well I started Golden Fool, so will have to finish that first.

I went there to "quickly" look for something yesterday and couldn't put it down...I cried and everything! Big Grin Ah, the RotE books never get old for me...they are as fresh and engrossing as the day I first read them, no matter which book I open or to which page I turn...Book

As for what's happening in my world, well, there's just too much to document really! The very latest is that it's pouring rain and a usual four hour drive to town and back today turned into a two hour drive to town and a five hour drive back as I had to detour through another couple of towns to the north and then back down south, and then had to plough through heaps of mud to finally get home (though a lot, lot less mud than I would had to have ploughed through if I'd not made the detour Proud ) ...and people choose to go four wheel driving for fun?! Uhhuh Come out here and live and you'll soon get over the desire to go mud-running... Surrender

@ joost: Dare I admit that I actually Googled LotR Lego images to see what they looked like? P And then instantly wanted to design RotE ones! Big Grin

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Apr-26-2012

The victim appears to not be in any danger of death, but they still have no certain knowledge of who the shooter is, only a theoretical description, one which could fit far too many.

Its not the sort of thing that happens often, though. First time these beings have heard of any attacks in this region. Its usually rather quiet. The few times there's any bad behavior hereabouts, it is drunk people not controlling themselves, and even that is rare. Thankfully. Both stabbings and shootings are so rare that they are practically unheard of.