thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - May-08-2012

Excellent, joost, looks well atop your book shelves! Big Grin

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - May-08-2012

That is AWESOME! Just AWESOME!!! Clapping

Whew...I just could never have done that. *shakes head* Sewing stretches my patience to the point where I want to chuck my machine somewhere and all of those blocks...nup, couldn't do it.

As for picking the Tower Bridge, even if I hadn't known I think the red, double-decker bus gave it away! P There'll be some increased traffic heading over that bridge in the coming months!! I honestly can't think of anything worse than visiting a host country in an Olympic year!

Now you'll have to build something from each of our countries, joost, and have a little piece of everyone in thePlenty atop your bookshelf! Big Grin

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - May-08-2012

Oddly, I've quite enjoyed doing jigsaw puzzles in the past, which sort of contradicts my assumption that a large lego model would frustrate me...maybe I wouldn't find it so annoying after all. Smiling

Oh yeah, as an afterthought, I've discovered another 'Hest' in FF. I do like it when that happens PBook

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - May-09-2012

Well I have a lovely clean bathroon floor after I began running my bath, shut the door to stop the noise from waking my daughter, checked on a Facebook message from one of my sons and then acted on the instructions within that message to help out with a problem that needed fixing "now" and then came on here quickly to catch up and chat about TV shows (why not?)...and then heard the water flowing over the lip of the bath like a nice little waterfall in the centre of my house. Boat

What's worse is that this is not the first time it has happened! Surrender P

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - May-09-2012

(May-09-2012, 01:35 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Well I have a lovely clean bathroon floor after I began running my bath, shut the door to stop the noise from waking my daughter, checked on a Facebook message from one of my sons and then acted on the instructions within that message to help out with a problem that needed fixing "now" and then came on here quickly to catch up and chat about TV shows (why not?)...and then heard the water flowing over the lip of the bath like a nice little waterfall in the centre of my house. Boat

What's worse is that this is not the first time it has happened! Surrender P
oops! P

RE: What's happening in your world? - joost - May-15-2012

In the last 5 minutes, more rain (and hail) has fallen out of the sky here than in the Sahara in one year.

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - May-15-2012

that sounds wet...

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - May-15-2012

...and noisy! P

It's been YEARS since I've seen hail. Did you end up getting that car I think you were looking at buying, joost? If so, I hope it was under cover?! Ouch

RE: What's happening in your world? - joost - May-15-2012

It's getting wetter and wetter..... nonstop pouring now.

I don't know which car you're referring to, but I bought a Ŝkoda Fabia last year. Not under a cover, and it's a bit too wet now to check for dents.... let's hope it survived.

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - May-15-2012

(May-15-2012, 12:07 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: In the last 5 minutes, more rain (and hail) has fallen out of the sky here than in the Sahara in one year.
Rather sounds like here. We had some huge hailstones earlier and there are some tremendous black clouds just waiting to drop!