thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - May-16-2012

(May-15-2012, 03:45 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: I don't know which car you're referring to, but I bought a Ŝkoda Fabia last year.

That would be the one then as you hadn't owned one before? Or for a long time prior to that purchase? Either way, I remember you telling us that you didn't have a car and were looking to buy one... Smiling

Yes, let's hope it survived!!!

Cold here today as we creep ever closer to June and the onset of winter. When I say 'cold', I mean 12 degrees...this converts to lots of layers of warm clothes and warm drinks for me but likely a lovely summer's day for the majority of you! Big Grin

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - May-16-2012

It's been 12 degrees here today, too. It's far too chilly for the time of year, we should be experiencing highs of 17-18 degrees by now. Tomorrow is forecast to be 10 degrees and, just for a change, wet! Dodgy

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - May-16-2012

Tommorrow is a true national holiday here in Norway... Lots of songs, flags, fine clothes and children all around.

But no fresh meat offered to dragons, which is sad.

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - May-16-2012

(May-16-2012, 09:36 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: Tommorrow is a true national holiday here in Norway... Lots of songs, flags, fine clothes and children all around.

But no fresh meat offered to dragons, which is sad.
Well, dragons don't really go in for that sort of thing. Can't really visualise a dragon waving a flag, singing or wearing fine clothes and they really should be kept away from children, lest they scare the wotsits out of 'em!

We've got an extra public holiday this year due to the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and it's a wonder we're not getting another one thrown in for the opening of the Olympic Games...sick to the back teeth of hearing about it, I am! I know it's an honour to host the games and all that, but really, must they go on and on and on about it constantly!! It occupies every waking hour through the media, whether it be the news, radio or newspaper. Not to mention all the fripperies on display when shopping, at ridiculous prices I might add!

Ok, I've done ranting now. I'm such a whinge-bag at the moment, I need another holiday I think Blink

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - May-17-2012

(May-16-2012, 09:36 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: Tommorrow is a true national holiday here in Norway... Lots of songs, flags, fine clothes and children all around.

Has it really been a whole year since you posted the scene from last year's event?! Blink

Heh, heh, fool-ish! I can imagine re Olympics carry-on. 22 P Maybe Kate and Will will announce a pregnancy and you'll get a day off for the birth at the end of the year? Big Grin Er, no...if anyone's asking...I don't have inside news! Wink

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - May-17-2012

Indeed it has.

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - May-17-2012

(May-17-2012, 01:41 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:

Has it really been a whole year since you posted the scene from last year's event?! Blink

Heh, heh, fool-ish! I can imagine re Olympics carry-on. 22 P Maybe Kate and Will will announce a pregnancy and you'll get a day off for the birth at the end of the year? Big Grin Er, no...if anyone's asking...I don't have inside news! Wink
It wouldn't surprise me Farseer. Mind you, I tend to work a lot of the holidays anyway. The extra one is a bonus, however...overtime! Smiling

A year! Where has that gone?! Blink

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - May-19-2012

These beings believe it has gone Into the past.

These beings are soon starting up in a eragon-themed roleplay... Just waiting for the GM (gamemaster) to launch it... 'thul will play a wild, somewhat mirthful dragon...

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - May-19-2012

Teenagers! Ouch

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - May-19-2012

not at all... the dragon is in its twenties (excluding well over a century spent as an egg)

There are a few teenagers among the other players, though...