thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - May-21-2012

mixing only two models like that together is simple enough... its when you have ten or more models, with several using similar colors, mixed together that the real fun begins... ('thul have had 30+ models mixed in a single box)

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - May-21-2012

Here's hoping that our fellow Hobb fans over on Blood Memories are all doing okay after the recent earthquake in Italy! Grouphug Slurp

RE: What's happening in your world? - joost - May-21-2012

If I mix those two up, I'd have a box with over 8000 pieces.... But even then it's not that hard, Lego building instructions are very good these days so you see exactly which pieces you need for the next step. Locating those pieces in the piles would be the hardest.

Building the death star took about 10 hours I think, only interrupted for dinner.

The Lego sets are on display in my own room, no balls allowed there.

Only two more sets on my wantlist now: The black pearl and a Starwars super star destroyer.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - May-21-2012

Antebar tells me (via Twitter) that all members of Blood Memories are safe and sound, which is a relief! Flowers

(May-21-2012, 12:07 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: If I mix those two up, I'd have a box with over 8000 pieces.... But even then it's not that hard,

Blink

(May-21-2012, 12:07 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: The Lego sets are on display in my own room, no balls allowed there.

P

(May-21-2012, 12:07 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: Only two more sets on my wantlist now: The black pearl and a Starwars super star destroyer.

Nice! The Black Pearl is such a great ship name, kind of like The Dawn Treader.

I'd want a Buckkeep...and heaps of other RotE-related stuff! Big Grin

(May-21-2012, 12:54 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Antebar tells me (via Twitter)

I've tweeted eleven times now...does that make me a tweeter, a twitterer or just a plain twit?! Big Grin

Farseer on Twitter...who'd have thought? And all for the good of this here, thePlenty! Proud

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - May-24-2012

You know I asked for summer? Well we got summer. And because I've been at work, all I've done is moan that it's too hot! Toohot

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - May-25-2012

Smiling As I sit here on the other side of the globe (and quite a bit further 'down'!) lamenting the cold that has come in the wake of two inches of rain. The rain will be wonderful in the long term though, and will ensure plenty of grass for the cattle right through to spring and beyond.

Still, I'm wearing ugg boots, two jumpers and a coat and beanie as well as my 'regular' clothes....and I'm still cold! The temperature is sixteen degrees and it's not even winter/June yet. Down

On the upside, I am boiling a heap of corned meat (for cold meat) on my cooktop and roasting a bit of beef (for dinner) in my oven so it's all rather toasty in the kitchen...a bit of a pity I am teaching school elsewhere in the house though! Dodgy

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - May-25-2012

These beings wonder whether 21 degrees outside at 9 in the morning around 60 degrees north should count as summer...

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - May-25-2012

We've gone from 16 degrees 3 days ago to 27 degrees yesterday and today. Yesterday was just horrible, humid and sticky and my shift at work (13.30 to 21.30 pm) was truly hellish! There was just no air in the place! Today has been the same temperature, but felt fresher as there's quite a gusty easterly wind. Anyway, I'm off work now for the coming week, so shall enjoy our little bit of summer much more PToohot

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - May-29-2012

These beings are now set to go across one of the larger Norwegian glaciers. It'll take about five days to do. Not exactly a quick trip, but well worth it.

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - May-29-2012

(May-29-2012, 09:32 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings are now set to go across one of the larger Norwegian glaciers. It'll take about five days to do. Not exactly a quick trip, but well worth it.
Have fun and don't forget your hat! PBig Grin