thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - May-29-2012

Actually, its more of a helmet... Finding a place to fit that on the pack is actually hard...

Sunscreen is more important though... especially with a nose previously having received 2nd degree sunburn...

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - May-29-2012

Yes, have fun on your glacier, 'thul! I feel like I am living in one at the moment and I still have to get to winter yet! Surrender

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - May-29-2012

(May-29-2012, 10:23 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: Actually, its more of a helmet... Finding a place to fit that on the pack is actually hard...

Sunscreen is more important though... especially with a nose previously having received 2nd degree sunburn...

I'm sure you'll find a way to pack your hat/helmet and don't forget that factor 150 sunscreen! Wink

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - May-30-2012

That is only a little different from the factor actually brought... 'thul brought factor 15.

The nose will receive fair tape treatment.

RE: What's happening in your world? - KekPafrany - May-30-2012

(May-29-2012, 09:32 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings are now set to go across one of the larger Norwegian glaciers. It'll take about five days to do. Not exactly a quick trip, but well worth it.

That will be beautiful. Have fun Smiling

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Jun-03-2012

the trip turned out somewhat differently... instead of going across it lengthwise, it became across it sideways, in the more traditional fashion. The gear was too heavy and the group in too poor training to accomplish the goal as originally planned.

some pictures may come later.

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Jun-03-2012

(Jun-03-2012, 08:49 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: the trip turned out somewhat differently... instead of going across it lengthwise, it became across it sideways, in the more traditional fashion. The gear was too heavy and the group in too poor training to accomplish the goal as originally planned.

some pictures may come later.

Did you enjoy it though? And has your nose survived intact? Wink

RE: What's happening in your world? - Narya - Jun-04-2012

Sounds like your glacier trip was better than mine, taken 35 years ago, on an Alaskan glacier, on skis. It was in the winter, the wind was so strong it blew away my foam pad, and I got to find out what hypothermia feels like. I don't recommend it. My fellow travelers had the sense to pop me in a sleeping bag with one of them and feed me tea until I stopped crying and started talking coherently. I have not been back since.

What have I been doing lately? Not lurking on line P . I've been working, dragon-boating, river rafting, hiking, biking, dancing, camping, reading, volunteering at 1 AM in the morning, going on retreat, watching people run footraces naked (the Bay to Breakers race in San Francisco) and other sundry things. And that's just the past 3 weeks. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Jun-04-2012

a prime example of how things could go wrong (yet not completely wrong) that...

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Jun-05-2012

^ I'm exhausted just reading about it...good stuff, Narya! P

I am watching the transit of Venus and, in the doing, am witnessing something James Cook witnessed just prior to the 'discovery' of my homeland...very cool are these astronomical events. Smiling