thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Jul-20-2012

(Jul-20-2012, 05:15 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: You'll have to avoid looking too closely at the women lest you begin to speak your thoughts aloud..."hmm, empty purse to my left, plums to the right" P

I managed to avoid both looking AND categorising...whew! Big Grin

Thanks fool-ish re my daughter. Grouphug We have some State Championships to get to in a little over a week now so hopefully she'll be right for those (being very optimistic here!). The loss of the learning, experience, opportunity *and* the HUGE amount amount of money I had to spend on uniforms, flights, accommodation and levy fees so that she could participate would be devastating for us both! Crying She's had a horror preparation leading up to them but it would be awful if she had to miss out altogether...

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Jul-22-2012

these beings just got back from celebrating their grandmother's birthday with close to not-so-close kin. relations went from uncles/first cousins to manieth-cousins-x-times-removed to other even less certain relations...
'thul think that if these beings were to count up all relations out to 5th cousins and up to two generational shifts, the number would at least be in the thousands... possibly in the tens of thousands...

RE: What's happening in your world? - joost - Jul-22-2012

Tomorrow I'm off for a week with De Zonnebloem (Dutch organisation that organises holidays for physically disabled people). A week long on a boat down the Rhine up to Lorelei, and then back again. After that two days of concerts (Summer darkness, a Dutch gothic festival), and then a week off work to regain my energy. It's gonna be an exhausting but very fulfilling week.

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Jul-22-2012

(Jul-22-2012, 09:39 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: Tomorrow I'm off for a week with De Zonnebloem (Dutch organisation that organises holidays for physically disabled people). A week long on a boat down the Rhine up to Lorelei, and then back again. After that two days of concerts (Summer darkness, a Dutch gothic festival), and then a week off work to regain my energy. It's gonna be an exhausting but very fulfilling week.

Summer Darkness seems to have passed me by! How long has it been going, joost? I was only aware of Wave Gotik Treffen in Leipzig and of course the gothic festival I attend in Whitby every year. It's good to know there are more festivals of this nature out there and I intend to visit one or more of them at least once in my lifetime. Cool

Anyhoo, enjoy! Smiling

RE: What's happening in your world? - joost - Jul-22-2012

(Jul-22-2012, 10:19 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Summer Darkness seems to have passed me by! How long has it been going, joost?
This year is the 10 year anniversary, but because the lineup is less interesting for me this time I don't have a weekend ticket, just a ticket for the neofolk and industrial shows.

(Jul-22-2012, 10:19 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: I was only aware of Wave Gotik Treffen in Leipzig and of course the gothic festival I attend in Whitby every year.
WGT has been on my 'must go one day' for over 15 years now. I've heard of Whitby but never had the opportunity to go there either.

Past years the only festivals I've been to are Forms of hands (industrial), Summer darkness (all genres) and Maschinenfest (industrial/noise).

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Jul-22-2012

Ah, so you're more into the industrial stuff, whereas I'm more into the traditional goth stuff. Not that I'm opposed to a bit of industrial, mind! And all the various genres make for a fantastic atmosphere at these events. Unfortunately, I have to wait until early November for my next 'fix'! Oh and a bit cheeky I know, but if you have a couple of pics of the event, I'd love to see them Big Grin

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Jul-25-2012

these beings were a bit bored these past couple of days, so they decided to make a sort of image for one of their accounts on another forum... took them a while to draw the base model, but they feel the result was worth it after a thorough rendering...

[Image: Hexatonsig001.png]
any thoughts/comments on the result?

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Jul-25-2012

You beings amaze me. Flowers As for your relations, you sound like the Farseers here in Australia... Big Grin

@ joost: I love hearing about these De Zonnebloem ventures! Slurp

As for me, I am relocating quite a few hundred kilometres to the north-west in a little less than a month. Will still be on a cattle station but doing a couple of different things besides and a much larger operation. Toohot So MUCH packing to do...it's what comes of staying in the same place for far too long!!!! Of course, it all needs to be done during the busiest time of the school year... 22

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Jul-25-2012

(Jul-25-2012, 11:03 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: You beings amaze me. Flowers As for your relations, you sound like the Farseers here in Australia... Big Grin

@ joost: I love hearing about these De Zonnebloem ventures! Slurp

As for me, I am relocating quite a few hundred kilometres to the north-west in a little less than a month. Will still be on a cattle station but doing a couple of different things besides and a much larger operation. Toohot So MUCH packing to do...it's what comes of staying in the same place for far too long!!!! Of course, it all needs to be done during the busiest time of the school year... 22

Farseer, I wish you much luck with the move. I must say I don't envy you all the packing and, if you're anything like me, the stress of it all!

Keep calm and carry on! Big Grin

'thul, it's very good, even if I am still trying to figure out what it actually is BlushingSmiling

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Jul-25-2012

(Jul-25-2012, 12:05 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Keep calm and carry on! Big Grin

P

(Jul-25-2012, 12:05 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: 'thul, it's very good, even if I am still trying to figure out what it actually is BlushingSmiling

I did a search on 'Ellri' so assume it is associated with that role-playing game?