thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Jul-25-2012

It is the user account name 'thul use on that RP site, so yes, its related to those role playing games...

as for what it is, that is a bit vague...

the ground is sandy, the mountains behind stone (obviously) and the structures are of some sort of crystal. 'thul used a Sapphire texture to render it.
the tallest structure is about 150m tall, with varying heights on the others. these beings have not quite decided what sort of buildings they are, hence the vagueness.

The image itself is not really related to any one RP. It could be interpreted to be related to many, but the relation would be coincidental.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Jul-25-2012

How amazing it would be if you could put something similar together for the landscapes of your writing project..though a certain mountain region would be rather difficult to construct? Blink

it'd be amazing, but the bigger and more detailed a terrain bit becomes, the heavier it is to work with... It would have been very fun to have the complete map in 3D, but that would kill most computers due to the data overload...

these beings will occasionally model small bits and pieces, though...
It might be fun to have a city or somesuch that is crystalline. perhaps built underground...

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Jul-25-2012

It's putting me in mind of Krypton (sp?) from the Superman films. I can imagine a crystal city and the splendour of such a place, filled with the beautiful people, of course! Wink

it does give a bit of a science-fiction-ly feel, yes...

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Jul-27-2012

Munching on those eggs and bacon whilst watching the Opening Ceremony with my ten-year-old...good stuff, Mr Bean! Big Grin

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Jul-28-2012

Off to the annual fancy dress BBQ later on. This year the theme is detectives, so the four of us are going as the Scooby Doo gang with me as Velma...it's been a good few years since I wore knee length socks and I'm not sure I've ever worn orange ones! P 'Tis all good fun, though Big Grin

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Jul-29-2012

What fun, foolish!!! Clapping

It's been a little while since I dressed up for something but am going as a boxer to a school night tomorrow night (with an Olympic theme). I didn't have to go far (only to one of my son's cupboards) to find the approriate boxing gloves and such, as well as shorts that are WAY, WAY too large for me but are just perfect for boxing duds. It's always handy to have hulking teenagers around the place.

As for Scooby, well, I'd always get the Velma gig if I were to ever be dressing up as part of that group...I have neither the looks or the bod for Daphne! Big Grin

I'm off in the wee hours to galivant around the state some more...I am driving many hours south-east then many, many hours north-west and then due east, then flying a few hours due south, then driving again due north a couple of hours...and then doing it all again a couple of days after that but all in reverse order. Toohot

And then, once I'm back home, I have to finish packing up my house...! Sleeping

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Jul-29-2012

(Jul-29-2012, 06:06 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: What fun, foolish!!! Clapping

It's been a little while since I dressed up for something but am going as a boxer to a school night tomorrow night (with an Olympic theme). I didn't have to go far (only to one of my son's cupboards) to find the approriate boxing gloves and such, as well as shorts that are WAY, WAY too large for me but are just perfect for boxing duds. It's always handy to have hulking teenagers around the place.

As for Scooby, well, I'd always get the Velma gig if I were to ever be dressing up as part of that group...I have neither the looks or the bod for Daphne! Big Grin

I'm off in the wee hours to galivant around the state some more...I am driving many hours south-east then many, many hours north-west and then due east, then flying a few hours due south, then driving again due north a couple of hours...and then doing it all again a couple of days after that but all in reverse order. Toohot

And then, once I'm back home, I have to finish packing up my house...! Sleeping
I'm worn out just reading that! Blink It was a good (if extremely damp) night...not ideal for barbecuing, but the drink did flow and a good time was had by all. P

RE: What's happening in your world? - joost - Jul-30-2012

(Jul-22-2012, 11:18 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Oh and a bit cheeky I know, but if you have a couple of pics of the event, I'd love to see them Big Grin

Reviews (in Dutch unfortunately) and pictures at http://3voor12.vpro.nl/lokaal/utrecht/nieuws/algemene-dossier-pagina/Summer-Darkness-2012.html If I find more pics I'll post links.

(Jul-25-2012, 11:03 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: @ joost: I love hearing about these De Zonnebloem ventures! Slurp

Very tired after 6 days, but it was wonderful. Stood most of the time behind the bar, so I saw almost everyone on the boat (about 140 people). My feet are killing me now however. Plus I now know the difference between white wine, red wine and rose.