thePlenty.net Forums
What's happening in your world? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's happening in your world? (/thread-149.html)

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Sep-11-2012

excuses, excuses....

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Sep-11-2012

(Sep-10-2012, 09:27 AM (UTC))KekPafrany Wrote: Here. - It was made for my own amusement.

Well, I think it's BRILLIANT! Clapping Slurp

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Sep-11-2012

its a lovely product indeed.

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Sep-11-2012

(Sep-11-2012, 02:18 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: its a lovely product indeed.

Yes, it is. Clapping I'm always in awe of artistic people..I truly can't draw or paint anything that resembles anything else

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Sep-12-2012

What's happening in my world is that I am dealing with a Kennit (no spoilers here in this thread but this is probably why I'm giving the poor guy a bashing in the other thread! P ). Such a dealing is draining as it is careful, careful, slow, slow work toward a trapping and a culling lest there be an escape. Knight I know/have known too many of these ones and suspect I may be magnetised to them or, rather, they to me. In isolated locations, there can be nothing more frightening...even for a Farseer who sees far and is sensitive to much.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Valarya - Sep-13-2012

(Sep-09-2012, 08:20 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: Whats the typical christmas dinner in your countries/regions?

In the US, the Christmas dinners are very similar to our Thanksgiving dinners... but since that's an american-only holiday, I'm not sure if you know what the traditional thanksgiving meal is, either.

So. Christmas.

Usually a Turkey is cooked as the main dish with an assortment of the following typical sides:

Turkey Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Candied Yams
Green beans or green bean casserole
Stuffing/Dressing
Cranberry Sauce
Dinner Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie

RE: What's happening in your world? - 'thul - Sep-13-2012

Norway usually has a few varied traditions...

something called "Pinnekjøtt" (translates as "stick meat") is common in some regions for christmas. rather than describe it, 'thul noticed wikipedia had an article on it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinnekj%C3%B8tt

the other main dish used is a form of oven-cooked pork ribs with lots of side dishes (potatoes, vegetables, a few types of sausage, fried apple boats, lingonberry jam, prunes, minced pork meat dumplings (known locally as "medisterkaker") and stuff like that.

oh, and there's an early afternoon meal of a rice-and-cream based porridge with a single almond in the entire pot. The one to find it gets a price.

There are also some that eat fish on christmas eve, but they're not very common. Rumors persist of some also eating a variety of cheap, rather bland pre-made pizza brand on that day, but it is questionable how much truth is in it. Just as it is questionable if it has dough-based bottom. These beings are fairly certain that pizza brand uses at least some cardboard for its bottoms. It certainly tastes that way.

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Sep-13-2012

Posh English people eat goose instead of turkey, but the trimmings are usually much the same as far as I'm aware..stuffing, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, carrots, parsnips, sprouts, sometimes a sausage and gravy.

Christmas pudding, Christmas cake, mince pies, brandy snaps for dessert.

RE: What's happening in your world? - Farseer - Sep-15-2012

(Sep-12-2012, 12:08 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Such a dealing is draining as it is careful, careful, slow, slow work toward a trapping and a culling lest there be an escape.

Well, he is gone...escaped in a way Down but not completely. Proud Sneaky and sly are these ones who stretch the boundaries and break social laws but pull up just short of breaking 'laws'. *sigh* He did not make it to jail, yet, but at least he has once more been flagged by police and is thus being watched closer than before.

Other than that...not much happening in my world outside of more driving.

As for Christmas traditions, I think I may have contributed something along those lines somewhere before...recipes or international cuisines threads? Detective If not, I'll come back... Smiling

Nice to know that you're not 'posh', fool-ish! Wink

Undecided I've seen some things but not really what I was looking for, so, Christmas lunch for me would usually consist of an assortment of meat (roast beef, roast mutton, roast pork, roast chicken, roast turkey, cold ham on the bone and prawns or crawchies) with salad. Every now and then I might have roast vegetables but it is usually just far too hot for those mid-summer. Breakfast is always a cooked one (usually bacon and eggs) and our kids have only ever been allowed to open up one present prior to breakfast. After that, we eat, clean up and *then* open the rest together...it's cruel and adds to the suspense so it's a win for parents on all counts! Wink P

EDIT: Oh! And it just wouldn't be Christmas without the mandatory rum balls! Smiling

RE: What's happening in your world? - fool-ish - Sep-15-2012

(Sep-15-2012, 05:31 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:
(Sep-12-2012, 12:08 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Such a dealing is draining as it is careful, careful, slow, slow work toward a trapping and a culling lest there be an escape.

Well, he is gone...escaped in a way Down but not completely. Proud Sneaky and sly are these ones who stretch the boundaries and break social laws but pull up just short of breaking 'laws'. *sigh* He did not make it to jail, yet, but at least he has once more been flagged by police and is thus being watched closer than before.

Other than that...not much happening in my world outside of more driving.

As for Christmas traditions, I think I may have contributed something along those lines somewhere before...recipes or international cuisines threads? Detective If not, I'll come back... Smiling

Nice to know that you're not 'posh', fool-ish! Wink

Undecided I've seen some things but not really what I was looking for, so, Christmas lunch for me would usually consist of an assortment of meat (roast beef, roast mutton, roast pork, roast chicken, roast turkey, cold ham on the bone and prawns or crawchies) with salad. Every now and then I might have roast vegetables but it is usually just far too hot for those mid-summer. Breakfast is always a cooked one (usually bacon and eggs) and our kids have only ever been allowed to open up one present prior to breakfast. After that, we eat, clean up and *then* open the rest together...it's cruel and adds to the suspense so it's a win for parents on all counts! Wink P

EDIT: Oh! And it just wouldn't be Christmas without the mandatory rum balls! Smiling
Definitely not posh! Common as muck is more like it! P