thePlenty.net Forums
Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) (/thread-151.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - Farseer - Dec-15-2011

Not sure if I would predict that they'll show up directly in CoD or BoD (hoping nonetheless!!!) but Beloved will be around somewhere...as will Changer. After all, both have already been there in that locale. It calls them.

While I would love for Fitz to be called back ASAP, to protect the city or some such, and to join his knowledge with that of Alise etc, it will depend on how our Tangle Leader wants to go with it and how far and long she wishes to draw the story out. There is so much more to flesh out...

But the Catalyst will return. As will his Fool. I have no doubts about that at all. It's simply the when and the how and in what capacity that's the mystery... Clapping

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - Valarya - Dec-15-2011

Oh you give me such hope, Farseer!!! I just know Robin can't give up on Fitz and Fool. They have to meet again, even if only briefly. They have to. That last image of Fitz as Fool sees him when their foreheads are pressed together... guh, it can't be the end. Crying

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - Relpda - Dec-16-2011

(Dec-15-2011, 07:46 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: Oh Fool.. your cycle is THE cycle. Wub

Oh yes I couldn't agree more! Smiling

(Dec-15-2011, 08:38 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings doubt that will happen. The fool, while an excellent character, has done his tasks to fix the world. It just will not fit for him to meddle further. Future prophets on the other hand, that might happen.

As much as my head agrees with this my heart is holding onto hope that both Fitz and Fool will return. Farseer you have given me hope I'm going to hold those thoughts with me! Yay

(Dec-15-2011, 10:24 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: They have to meet again, even if only briefly. They have to. That last image of Fitz as Fool sees him when their foreheads are pressed together... guh, it can't be the end. Crying

Those are my main reasons for wanting to hear more too, it just can't be left with Fool thinking Fitz is dead or lost after all they've been through together Crying

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - Selene - Dec-17-2011

I'm SURE Fitz and the Fool will show up again sooner or later. I mean, Fitz was the Fool's greatest love! Fool can't just leave without knowing if Fitz is alive and well or somewhere between the skill pillars. He will become so worried that he goes back to see if Fitz is all right and RH will write about that (I hope). As for Fitz, he brought dragons back into the world. Wouldn't he like to know what has become of them? Maybe he and the Fool could go together to Kelsingra to see the dragons. I really hope so!!!

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - Relpda - Dec-19-2011

(Dec-17-2011, 07:59 PM (UTC))Selene Wrote: I'm SURE Fitz and the Fool will show up again sooner or later. I mean, Fitz was the Fool's greatest love! Fool can't just leave without knowing if Fitz is alive and well or somewhere between the skill pillars. He will become so worried that he goes back to see if Fitz is all right and RH will write about that (I hope). As for Fitz, he brought dragons back into the world. Wouldn't he like to know what has become of them? Maybe he and the Fool could go together to Kelsingra to see the dragons. I really hope so!!!

Oh I hope so just a little mention of them would be wonderful! Clapping

On the topic of emotions I have just finished RA and moved on to AQ with my re-read - sob! Fitz! Even though I knew it was coming I wanted to wring Regal's neck! and then when he's learning to be a man again, so sad Crying Also poor Burrich when Fitz has a go at him and he tells him the story of how he grew up Crying

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - fool-ish - Dec-19-2011

We must be somewhere around the same point Relpda. I finished RA just last night and started AQ again straight after. The last few pages of RA distress me no end and then the first few pages of AQ just top it off! I don't think I'll ever be able to read them without wanting to weep Crying

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - finella - Dec-20-2011

Hello You All,

I started a re-read of Farseer, this time in english (because it’s sometimes really confusing, when you talk about a person or a place, that has a different name in the german translation). The first passage in AA, when I really got in trouble with tears, was, when Fitz showed Patience the potrait of Smithy and she burst into tears, that he (Fitz) should have been hers and than fled the room. One can really feel her pain. Puh, I felt so sorry for her, because I like her so much.

Conc. Fitz and The Fool in the RWC: Hm, I don’t think, that Fitz fits Big Grin in the Rainwild. It’s just not his world, I would think. Whereas it is the perfect world for The Fool. I can imagine him so well in Kelsingra. But I’m not very optimistic about his comeback. I don’t think, RH will make him return to us. Not yet.
But – hope will die last (or how you say it in english). Wink

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - FoolishGirl - Dec-22-2011

(Dec-15-2011, 09:09 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Out of everything I've read, fool remains for me, the best character ever to grace the pages of a book.

I couldn't agree more, fool-ish. Hence our screen names, I suppose.

Just got done with a crazy month of work, and re-reading the Tawny Man was my only escape and pleasure during that time. I agree with all the Farseer and Tawny Man "moments" listed in this thread and wanted to add a few.

1. In FF, after Fitz brings the Fool back, and he's calling him Beloved (finally!), and the Fool asks him not to call him that, because the PW taunted him with that name. It is unspeakably sad that the PW was able to steal that from our heroes.

2. In GF, when Fitz finally tries to make amends for their quarrel, and he says, "Beloved, I have missed your company". That one sentence, and the description of the Fool lifting his hand and covering his mouth to hide his expression, is not sad, per se, but so bittersweet, it always gets to me.

I could go on, I have all the greatest passages flagged in my Kindle and sometimes, when I need a "Fitz & the Fool" fix, I just jump from flag to flag, skipping all the intervening text.

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - Valarya - Dec-22-2011

(Dec-22-2011, 03:22 PM (UTC))FoolishGirl Wrote: 2. In GF, when Fitz finally tries to make amends for their quarrel, and he says, "Beloved, I have missed your company". That one sentence, and the description of the Fool lifting his hand and covering his mouth to hide his expression, is not sad, per se, but so bittersweet, it always gets to me.

Oh this this THIS. Crying

I definitely teared up during this moment. Poor Fool. Crying

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - Farseer - Feb-23-2012

Me too!

Just went searching for something in FE, to substantiate an earlier post I made, and came across Fitz telling Fool about mourning Verity when he returned once more to the Stone Garden and realised that Verity had truly gone...I couldn't help but indulge in a sniffle or two! Crying Surrender