thePlenty.net Forums
Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) (/thread-151.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - Farseer - May-18-2012

Yes, great stuff...and, after reading your post, I'm fully reliving it all right now without having to go back and read the books...scary that I know it so well! P

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - Clarity - May-20-2012

I've had a quick read of what people have been posting in this thread and I have to agree that the Fool is the most amazing character I've encountered.
But I also love Nighteyes. With his practical way of viewing the world, he often cuts right to the heart of the matter while Fitz dithers around. Nighteyes engages my emotions the most, and I actually had to postpone reading Fool's Errand because of how much Nighteyes' demise always affects me.
Maybe I should go straight to The Liveship Trilogy instead. Blink

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - fool-ish - May-20-2012

It ne'er gets any better reading that! Crying

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - finella - May-21-2012

(May-20-2012, 03:59 AM (UTC))Clarity Wrote: and I actually had to postpone reading Fool's Errand because of how much Nighteyes' demise always affects me.
Maybe I should go straight to The Liveship Trilogy instead. Blink

I feel the same. I re-read the Farseer-Trilogy and the Lifeships of late, but couldn't force myself to re-read Tawny Man because of exacty the same reason.
And fool-ish is right - it simply never get's better!

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - Farseer - May-21-2012

(May-20-2012, 03:59 AM (UTC))Clarity Wrote: But I also love Nighteyes.

Yep, Nighteyes. I'm glad he makes some little cameos for Fitz now and then but even then they are bittersweet... Crying Fool hearing the wolves howling when Fitz needs Skill-healing always gets me a little choked up too, just because I miss Nighteyes so much! Down

I will never forget the text message that I received from my eldest (the one you met, Clarity) the moment he came to that part in the book. And the three or four messages after that. He was shattered...

As for tears, I can't help but get choked up when Fitz finally stands up to be counted during the to-ing and fro-ing between Chade and Kettricken. A true Farseer on the throne again. Crying I came across it a couple of days ago and just thought "Oh, Fitz...", and then I wanted to smack him for being thicker than Thick. Fool man! Big Grin

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - fool-ish - May-21-2012

Poor Fitz! We love him dearly, but so many times do we want to clatter him round the ears! P

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - Peet75 - Jun-07-2012

Quote:And the absolute BIGGEST sob moment of all the books combined:

When Fitz unwraps the Skill cube from the Fool.. and he sees him + Nighteyes, Fool + Nighteyes.. and the best/worst (omg I'm crying just typing this)....... his face as Fool sees it when their foreheads are touching.

Valarya - I could not have worded it better myself!

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - Valarya - Jun-07-2012

(Jun-07-2012, 05:52 AM (UTC))Peet75 Wrote:
Quote:And the absolute BIGGEST sob moment of all the books combined:

When Fitz unwraps the Skill cube from the Fool.. and he sees him + Nighteyes, Fool + Nighteyes.. and the best/worst (omg I'm crying just typing this)....... his face as Fool sees it when their foreheads are touching.

Valarya - I could not have worded it better myself!

I just sat here and had to close my eyes and see Fitz finding the cube.. and getting to the last part. Crying Sigh. I love these characters and these books. Surrender

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - Peet75 - Jun-07-2012

Fitz is so dense sometimes! But it's part of his appeal! I love it when he tells Nettle he was raised by a man, surrounded by men, and just doesn't know how to deal with women!

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - fool-ish - Jun-07-2012

(Jun-07-2012, 10:57 AM (UTC))Peet75 Wrote: Fitz is so dense sometimes! But it's part of his appeal! I love it when he tells Nettle he was raised by a man, surrounded by men, and just doesn't know how to deal with women!
Dense, oh yes! And how many times did you wish you could get a hold of him, put him in a bag and shake him up! P He's such a darling though, really and you can't be cross with him for long Wink

I'd wager there's any number of women who'd willingly give Fitz some tips on 'dealing' with them...Wub