thePlenty.net Forums
Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) (/thread-151.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - Relpda - Dec-14-2011

Hi, wanted to say hello. I've just finished Dragon Haven after a good four months of reading all eleven RotE books and finally plucked up the courage to join and post as I feel I have a huge Hobb shaped gap in my life now that needs filling P.

On emotions, needless to say I cried like a baby when Nighteyes died and I still haven't gotten over the part of Fool's Fate from where Fitz and Fool find Icefyre/the pale woman right up until the end and I still feel tears coming if I think about it too much! My husband thinks I'm bonkers.

On the lighter side the first scene that comes to mind is when Fitz wakes up next to Molly and realises that Nighteyes has ahem helped him out in that department or when Lord Golden gets really drunk in order to try it on with Civil and Fitz has to carry him back to his room. That and the scene following it in his room made me giggle. I'm sure there are alot more too, just can't think of them off the top of my head.

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - 'thul - Dec-14-2011

We'come and nice name choice...

Thank you Smiling forget Tintaglia and Sintara, Relpda is where it's at Wink

Strange choice in keeper perhaps, but still got a more interesting personality than either TIntaglia or Sintara.

Spit is also an interesting dragon.

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - Valarya - Dec-14-2011

Relpda is the sweetest most wonderful dragon ever. Wub

We will definitely fill the Elderling-shaped gap in your life now that the re-read is over. Slurp

I'm about 10 pages away from finishing Dragon Haven myself.. only got up for a quick break because my eyes were burning, haha.

Stay a while and help fill our gaps, too? Flowers (edit: that last line just sounds REAL creepy, LOL - but I'm gonna keep it anyway.)

*holds out fire extinguisher*

need help with them eyes?

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - fool-ish - Dec-14-2011

Hello Relpda Smiling I know nothing about Dragon Keeper/Haven as yet. I soon will though as they are my Christmas gift to myself! P I fell for Fitz, fool and Nighteyes though, hook, line and sinker! Slurp

My husband and kids think I'm bonkers too for becoming all emotional over these books. In fact, I pointed out a book that I'd read to my husband today that had had me sobbing my heart out at the end (non-Hobb) and his exact words were 'you really need to get a grip!' I very nearly retorted with that Hermione Granger classic 'just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon!' I didn't though, as it's not true and he just thinks my attachment to fictional characters is strange. Clearly he reads the wrong sort of books P

Quote:Clearly he reads the wrong sort of books
you realize you have to fix that, do you not?

RE: Emotions in the Elderling Realm (SPOILERS all books) - fool-ish - Dec-14-2011

(Dec-14-2011, 10:35 PM (UTC))thul Wrote:
Quote:Clearly he reads the wrong sort of books
you realize you have to fix that, do you not?

I've tried! He's a massive LOTR fan but he reads very little, compared to myself and when he does, he doesn't read 'fantasy' as such. He's a fan of sci-fi (going off the films he watches) but has very few books of this genre. His last foray was 'Papillon' and prior to that 'Planet of the Apes' and 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth' and now and again he'll pick up a rather large book he has containing short stories by H.P. Lovecraft, which I've had a go at but can't get to grips with at all! I'll never persuade him to read Robin Hobb and I've tried very hard to convince him he'd like ASOIAF, but to no avail. Each to their own and whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Thank you everyone for being so welcoming Smiling.

Valarya I will gladly stay around and help with the filling of those gaps Winkenjoy those last 10 pages of dragon haven!

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose other half thinks they are mad fool-ish. Your husband sounds very similar to mine, he absolutely loved Game of Thrones on tv but refuses to read the books and won't let me discuss anything past the first one in case I "spoiler" the show for him! I think his main problem is sticking with a series to be fair as he likes things to be wrapped up neatly in one book.