thePlenty.net Forums
Advertising / affiliate programs - your opinion is wanted - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Advertising / affiliate programs - your opinion is wanted (/thread-154.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Advertising / affiliate programs - your opinion is wanted - Mervi - Dec-27-2011

Just a quick update to let you know that I received our first payment from the UK bookdepository some time ago, £28.70 which almost completely covers our costs for a year. So thank you very much everyone for going through the trouble of clicking that link before your purchases! Smiling
I probably won't be updating the ticker or the buttons for some time now because I'm travelling and have very limited time for internet but the affiliate programs are still very much running.

RE: Advertising / affiliate programs - your opinion is wanted - Farseer - Dec-28-2011

You're welcome Flowers and thanks for the update...it's good to hear that it's being beneficial as I know I have spent significant dollars there this year (further to the $$ that I have spent supporting local business as well). Prices do seem to have increased quite a bit since the Amazon take-over though Dodgy ...not sure about the US site but that's what I've found over at UK.

Safe travels, Mervi! Boat

RE: Advertising / affiliate programs - your opinion is wanted - Mervi - Dec-28-2011

Thanks Farseer! Smiling
I just want to stress that no one should feel obligated to buy through these links at all. They're just for when you'd buy from those sites anyway.

RE: Advertising / affiliate programs - your opinion is wanted - 'thul - Dec-28-2011

These beings do not feel obliged, but they did find that theBookDepository was far better than amazon price-wise (no shipping) and very nice on the delivery time.

RE: Advertising / affiliate programs - your opinion is wanted - Farseer - Dec-28-2011

I am agreeing with the 'thul beings (as much as I hate to do that P ). I would be buying those books from TBD anyway and, yes, still much cheaper than Amazon and still good with all other things eg shipping time, great packaging and arrival condition etc despite the price rise from previously.

The only other downer is that I have also seemed to have been charged extra currency conversion fees whereas I never was before. Even with those, it works out to be far cheaper in many instances.

I think I have five or so recent TBD receipts sitting in the top drawer of my bedroom that my husband still doesn't know about yet...! Big Grin

RE: Advertising / affiliate programs - your opinion is wanted - Valarya - Dec-30-2011

Where is this link everyone is talking about with prices better than amazon for books? (Better than the used section of amazon!?) Do tell!!

RE: Advertising / affiliate programs - your opinion is wanted - joost - Dec-30-2011

(Dec-30-2011, 04:51 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: Where is this link everyone is talking about with prices better than amazon for books? (Better than the used section of amazon!?) Do tell!!
On the forum main page, you can see (unless you have an adblocker) at the bottom images for Amazon and The book depository. Click on the TBD one and you'll go to there with support for The Plenty enabled. Won't cost you anything extra, will give Mervi some support.

RE: Advertising / affiliate programs - your opinion is wanted - Valarya - Dec-30-2011

Ahhh, yeah all my browsers have ad-blockers. At least I'm not too crazy for not noticing, hahah. Thanks Joost. Smiling

RE: Advertising / affiliate programs - your opinion is wanted - 'thul - Dec-30-2011

Adblockers do indeed hide such.

RE: Advertising / affiliate programs - your opinion is wanted - Farseer - Dec-30-2011

I always use the UK site but here is the thePlenty-enabled link to the US site for you, Valarya. Flowers