thePlenty.net Forums
Your Most Memorable Books/Series/Authors - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Your Most Memorable Books/Series/Authors (/thread-159.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Your Most Memorable Books/Series/Authors - 'thul - Oct-18-2010

There have also been made movies out of several of the discworld books. Those are quite entertaining to watch. (Color of magic, the light fantastic, hogfather, going postal)

RE: Your Most Memorable Books/Series/Authors - Mervi - Oct-18-2010

I've never tried to read several Discworld books in a row. But then I don't usually like to read the same kinds of books one after the other (her Hobbness being an exception to the rule!) so I usually go from epic fantasy to mystery to comic fantasy etc. This way I can "disconnect" easier from the world of the previous book (which is often a bit difficult for me, especially with really good books). I doubt I've read more than 10 books by Pratchett so far (and I have several unread in my shelves) so... I guess what I'm trying to say here is that too much of anything can kind of turn against itself? Pratchett is something I would recommend enjoyed in modest servings now and then. Smiling

Oh, and as a mod I need to remind you guys that I don't want to see any links etc to any suspicious activity like illegal ebook downloads etc. There's nothing I can do to stop you participating in that, but please do it elsewhere. And take this as a friendly reminder about the site/forum rules. Smiling

RE: Your Most Memorable Books/Series/Authors - Farseer - Oct-19-2010

(Oct-15-2010, 11:16 AM (UTC))Nuytsia Wrote: How's this, my mum read one of his books and said she really didn't like him! What the???? (I don't remember if she said which one, in fact I bet she has him confused with someone else)

Umm, I must admit that I have not progressed very far beyond Undecided Uhhuh Blink Ouch , but I'm trying Big Grin !

RE: Your Most Memorable Books/Series/Authors - Nuytsia - Oct-20-2010

(Oct-17-2010, 11:51 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I have tried to get onto the Kindle Store and download something (don’t have a Kindle but I do have Kindle for PC) but, since my boys have used all of this month’s download allowance (12G!!) for World of Warcraft patches Rant , I can’t download something of that size as our speed has been slowed to the point where it takes AGES just to change a page here on thePlenty!

I HATE PATCHES! Hehehee 12 gig is brutal! Our total monthly internet allowance is only 10....... Ug you aren't on slow speed until the end of the MONTH now are you? Nooooo!

Oh oh, not liking The Colour of Magic? I have definitely read it, probably more than once, but I can't really remember it distinctly. I am pretty sure I read his later books first, and I have a vague feeling that when I read TCOM I thought hmmmm he's still finding his style really and you can tell this is a very early work. But I still think I liked it ...... from memory ...... hmmmm.
If you don't like it you are in good company with Albertosaurus and my mum!