thePlenty.net Forums
Cooking and Recipes - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Cooking and Recipes (/thread-164.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Cooking and Recipes - 'thul - Dec-07-2011

These beings have access to something that probably tastes less nice. a bottle containing 4% water. (guess what the rest of its contents are...)

It is probably good that these beings do not like gollum quite well enough to do more than imitate his voice and phrases. They do not stoop to trying to eat fish raw and wriggling.

RE: Cooking and Recipes - 'thul - Jan-28-2012

These beings have for now simplified their oatmeal cement recipe. Now it is only oatmeal, sugar, vanilla sugar & raisins. (plus hot water)

RE: Cooking and Recipes - 'thul - Feb-28-2012

hmm... 'thul now figured out why the two-piece cake tin they got a while ago was not in use. It wasnt entirely spill-safe. the joint between the halves let some dough through.

RE: Cooking and Recipes - Farseer - Feb-28-2012

Ah, yes, that could be somewhat problematic! Blink Big Grin

RE: Cooking and Recipes - 'thul - Feb-28-2012

Some of the dough poured out of that seam, dripped to the bottom of the oven and got baked there. Unfortunately that dripping had a 2mm(ish) thick black crust on its bottom.

But at least it was a small cake 'thul discovered it upon rather than a large one that otherwise would have filled the baking tin entirely.

RE: Cooking and Recipes - fool-ish - Feb-29-2012

I attempted to make a soup a few days ago...didn't turn out very soup-like. More a case of one slice or two? Blink Ah well, if at first you don't succeed...don't bother trying again

RE: Cooking and Recipes - Farseer - Mar-13-2012

A little recipe that I just had to post here...from Pinot Shop in Tasmania, so, a little bit of our Fool Joker and a little bit of Nuytsia too! P All Aussie measurements.

Apricot Fool

300g fresh apricots, halved and stoned
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp caster sugar (or more to taste)
lemon juice to taste
300ml thickened cream
1 tbsp icing sugar
flaked almonds, toasted in oven for five minutes

Place the apricots in a heavy-bottomed saucepan with the sugar and water. Cook very gently, stirring occasionally, until the apricots are very soft. Puree the contents of the saucepan in a food processor or blender until smooth. Pass through a medium-holed mesh sieve to remove any hard pieces of skin. If the puree seems sloppy at this point you can pop it back in a clean saucepan and gently simmer to evaporate any excess water. Keep stirring to stop it from sticking. Add enough lemon juice to bring out the flavour and check for sweetness. Chill.
Whip the cream to soft peaks with the icing sugar. Fold the apricot puree into the cream in a figure of eight, keeping some swirls of puree evident in the mixture for a pretty effect.
Pour into glass vessels (fills 4-5 glass flutes). Top with the toasted almonds.

[Image: 833120124_cb8c1e2ff5_m.jpg]

Enjoy! Flowers

RE: Cooking and Recipes - 'thul - Mar-13-2012

too bad apricots are unavailable for 'thul right now...

RE: Cooking and Recipes - Farseer - Jun-01-2012

Home-produced rolled roasts (beef), marinated in tawny port prior to being cryovaced for storage. A bit of an experiment and I'll let you know how each goes after eating! P

(Feb-29-2012, 12:15 AM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: I attempted to make a soup a few days ago...didn't turn out very soup-like. More a case of one slice or two? Blink Ah well, if at first you don't succeed...don't bother trying again

Big Grin Clapping

RE: Cooking and Recipes - Farseer - Sep-15-2012

A recipe for rum balls. It's the fourth recipe down the page. There are lots of variations but I always make mine with Weet-Bix, like the one here. Smiling