thePlenty.net Forums
Plot holes (spoilers included) in RotE - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Plot holes (spoilers included) in RotE (/thread-166.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Plot holes (spoilers included) in Farseer and Tawny Man - Brashen - Feb-13-2012

I found it. In the German book it's page 381 of 413 in the second book, Mad Ship, so quite far in the end. Malta, the Satrap and Kekki are on this little "island". Malta goes back to the "dark cave", where the rests of the boat house poked out (hope this is the right translation) of the ground. So the boat house is nowadays lower than the ground. It fit's with the city that sunk.

RE: Plot holes (spoilers included) in Farseer and Tawny Man - 'thul - Feb-13-2012

ah. Mistaken recollection then. Boathouse was probably a bit above river level originally, but with sinking it ended up lower. random chance resulted in that it did not get filled in.

RE: Plot holes (spoilers included) in Farseer and Tawny Man - Valarya - Feb-13-2012

(Feb-11-2012, 12:44 PM (UTC))Brashen Wrote: I got another plot hole (It's not in Farseer/Tawny Man, but in the Liveship Traders):
In the last chapter of the first book, SoM, it's said that Shreeva was wounded by the white serpent/snake (don't know the English translation). In the first chapter of the second book, MS, it's said that Maulkin got the wounds in his short fight with the white serpent/snake. I'm wondering if I read something wrong cause there isn't even a big time gap between those two chapters but the pause Robin made between writing the first and the second book...

Ooooh interesting!!! I just checked and you're quite right about it mentioning Shreever as having the wounds, then Maulkin. Although now I want to find the actual battle (did we read about it?) to see if perhaps multiple serpents didn't fight the White Serpent and all of them obtained wounds.

Chapter 36 - "She Who Remembers" (Ship of Magic)
Quote:Shreever pleaded. She had a great gash down her shoulder where the white serpent had attacked her with his teeth. With his teeth, as if he were a shark instead of serpent. A thick green ichor was already closing the wound, but it stung sharply as she hurried to keep pace with Maulkin.

And then:

Prologue - "A Recollection of Wings" (Mad Ship)
Quote:Shreever considered confronting him about it, but decided against it. She eyed their leader anxiously. The injuries Maulkin had taken in his brief battle with the white serpent were healing slowly. The gouges disrupted the pattern of his scales.

RE: Plot holes (spoilers included) in Farseer and Tawny Man - Brashen - Feb-13-2012

I don't remember exactly but I think the battle isn't written as itself but there are more details about it than those to passages. But I think it's only a battle between those two serpents (which two... I don't know Big Grin) because it is said that it was a breif battle with the white serpent... But try to find some more details. Would be great and I can hardly these days for the reason of some university exams... Smiling

RE: Plot holes (spoilers included) in Farseer and Tawny Man - Farseer - Feb-14-2012

I want to come back here to join in the discussion but, for now, just letting you all know that I've amended the thread title from 'Plot holes (spoilers included) in Farseer and Tawny Man' to 'Plot holes (spoilers included) in RotE'...until City of Dragons comes out in April, can we still use spoiler tags for CoD posts though? Thanks! Flowers

RE: Plot holes (spoilers included) in RotE - 'thul - Feb-14-2012

Fair enough for these beings to continue with such tags...

RE: Plot holes (spoilers included) in Farseer and Tawny Man - Brashen - Feb-14-2012

(Feb-14-2012, 05:22 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I want to come back here to join in the discussion but, for now, just letting you all know that I've amended the thread title from 'Plot holes (spoilers included) in Farseer and Tawny Man' to 'Plot holes (spoilers included) in RotE'...until City of Dragons comes out in April, can we still use spoiler tags for CoD posts though? Thanks! Flowers

Thanks! That's nice!