thePlenty.net Forums
I wish it did not have to end.(MAJOR SPOILERS Farseer & TM) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: I wish it did not have to end.(MAJOR SPOILERS Farseer & TM) (/thread-168.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: I wish it did not have to end. - Rendezvous - Nov-21-2010

Ide like to say more, but I know how she feels about her private communications being shared.. Ill be a good little minion and keep to myself any details.. not that there was much.

RE: I wish it did not have to end. - Atthis - Nov-21-2010

Fair enough. I certainly don't want you to divulge anything not meant for the eyes of the public.

But I'm very happy that RH is still seriously considering writing more about Fitz and the Fool. Even if it's only a distant possibility.

RE: I wish it did not have to end. - Farseer - Nov-22-2010

Fool has "never been wise" and won't be able to stay away from his Catalyst despite his "last dance" dramatics. Neither can Fitz disappear. Both are central to the ultimate ending of the story thus far, not to mention that an uninvolvement in important matters would be going against their true selves. I can't see how the ending can possibly reach full conclusion without their input or presence. They are the White Prophet and Catalyst for the entire world, not just the realm as we know it. They have to be back, in some form, even if Robin tells us they won't be. You can't fool me, Tangle Leader P !!*more* (link contains TM spoilers with high levels of elfbark!)

RE: I wish it did not have to end. - Nuytsia - Jan-11-2011

WHA???????

There's no smiley that can communicate my response!

Oooh no pressure though ........ quiets down .... is patient....

(Nov-19-2010, 04:35 PM (UTC))Rendezvous Wrote: When last I received an email from The Hobb she hinted strongly that she may be writing more on Fitz/Fool... Im holding her to that.

RE: I wish it did not have to end. - Mervi - Jan-13-2011

Yeah, I've seen a few comments here and there, just pure speculation that this might be the case. I think most of it is based on Robin's comments after her long-time literary agent Ralph Vicinanza died last autumn.
Quote:I didn’t much like the last piece of advice he gave me. And I was putting off discussing it with him because, in retrospect, I already knew he was right and he would ‘win’ the discussion. Now I wish I’d called.

But, as I ended up doing with every piece of advice he gave me, I will be following it. More on that in a few months.

The speculation goes that the advice was to get back to the story that readers have been requesting so much, the Fitz&the Fool stuff. Given Robin's previous explanation why she hasn't written more about them (it can be found somewhere in the fanfic thread I think) this speculation certainly makes sense.
Also, there's this blog post on Suvudu that seems to hint that there's a F&F book in the works. (Scroll down until you see the bit about The Inheritance.) No idea where that info is coming from though (could be there's proof copies of the Inheritance around with a blurb about upcoming stuff, or maybe the writer just has inside information being some sort of an insider in the industry as far as I know).

RE: I wish it did not have to end. - Nuytsia - Jan-14-2011

Ooooh I knew it meant that!

Tee hee.....!

I must say I really would like to see what Robin had in mind for the next bit ... (having found out a while back that she DID have something in mind!)

Although part of me is too scared to read about it!! No more blubbing!!!!!

RE: I wish it did not have to end.(MAJOR SPOILERS Farseer & TM) - finella - Jan-18-2012

Hello Everybody!

I’ll lift this old thread up a little bit, although I know, that you all are into CoD and BoD P. But I have to chare my feelings with people, who know, what I’m talking about.

Yesterday I finished Assassin’s Quest. It was my second re-read, but the first time in english. And I am completely overwhelmed Thankful. I’m normally a fast reader, sometimes too fast, when a book really hits me and I cannot stop reading. I probably also read the Farseer-Trilogy too fast. But this time, with the original, I read very careful and slowly, sometimes a sentence or a passage twice or even thrice. Oh, how I enjoyed it!!! The story and the characters were even more intense and as were my feelings during reading. I can’t tell how often I had tears in my eyes just because of just one sentence or so. Pure magic!!!
Hach, and now I can’t decide whether to go on with the Liveships and Tawny Man or if I better wait a bit and then start a re-read of Dragon Keeper and Dragon Haven. I absolutely have to re-read them before City of Dragons will come out in April Clapping.

RE: I wish it did not have to end.(MAJOR SPOILERS Farseer & TM) - Farseer - Jan-18-2012

(Jan-18-2012, 10:38 AM (UTC))finella Wrote: Hello Everybody!
I’ll lift this old thread up a little bit, although I know, that you all are into CoD and BoD P. But I have to chare my feelings with people, who know, what I’m talking about.

Not me!! I want to read/talk about the Farseer and TM books any time you feel like it!! Yay My only regret is that I don't have the time to get into it all in depth at the moment. While I'm looking forward to CoD and BoD, my head is still back in Assassin's Quest. So many things from there point to what's now taking place in RWC and I have so many things I want to predict or cover from there before I actually get to CoD or BoD!! As much as I can't wait to read them, I also want a little more time for researching and guessing and predicting. Detective

I LOVE Assassin's Quest. Wub Hopefully I can get back soon to do some more theory dumping on you all! Big Grin

I also still have LST, TM and DK/DH re-reads to get through before Feb (there's no way I'm waiting for the UK version!!). Ouch

Go the whole hog with Liveships finella! Smiling

EDIT: Sorry for all of the edits! Surrender

RE: I wish it did not have to end.(MAJOR SPOILERS Farseer & TM) - finella - Jan-18-2012

(Jan-18-2012, 10:55 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Go the whole hog with Liveships finella! Smiling

Well, I think I'll do that. I want to try to wait reading CoD until I also own BoD. And that will come out early 2013, as far as I know. That's a long time to wait. But reading Liveships and then TM will perhaps help me over the time. We'll see. (I'm pretty sure, that I will not be able to stay away from CoD, but at least I will try Big Grin.)

Farseer, how will you manage to get through LST, TM and DK/DH ??????? Will you have your children to inprison you and let you only out in Feb ???

I know that you are like MIss Marple, hunting and finding connections in almost all RotE-books. I wait in suspence, what you will dig out Clapping.

RE: I wish it did not have to end.(MAJOR SPOILERS Farseer & TM) - Valarya - Jan-19-2012

I recently re-read the entire series (all 11 books currently out) in less than two months and when I get reading I get READING. I dunno how you'd do it before February but you can at least dive right in to LST!

I'm the same as you, finella... one liners have me tearing up badly with this series, especially where Fitz and Fool are concerned. Wub