thePlenty.net Forums
A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins (/thread-17.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins - Mervi - Apr-16-2009

Since the book has now reached Finland, I think it's safe to assume that pretty much everyone has their copies already. I've moved this out of "upcoming" to the RotE category.

How did you like Words Like Coins? And the book in overall?

RE: A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins - LEGOscum - Apr-17-2009

I have to go to collect a package from the post office today - hopefully it's the new book Smiling

Jeremy

RE: A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins - Chiquita - May-05-2009

I received my limited edition copy last week! I haven't read it yet though.. I'm trying to finish the Soldier Son trilogy first Smiling

RE: A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins - aldaroncastle - Jul-23-2009

Wow. I loved this story. It was so well laid out, and so deftly told. The twist at the end was wonderful. I think I'm going to have to pay particular attention to mentions of pecksies on my next re-read through the main Realms of the Elderlings series. Smiling I was fascinated by the hedge witchery in Fool's Errand, and I was really excited to read more about it.

The other stories: not so much. None of them were particularly terrible, but none of them impressed me enough for me to go pick up any books by those authors, either. Thankfully, "Words Like Coins" is so good that it's worth the price of admission.

I'm a big fan of Subterranean Press, and I'm dying for them to do special editions of the Farseer, Liveship, and Tawny Man. In my dreams, they're illustrated by John Howe. P Hopefully this is the start of a wonderful relationship between Sub Press and Robin Hobb!

RE: A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins - Farseer - May-04-2010

(Jul-23-2009, 08:00 PM (UTC))aldaroncastle Wrote: Wow. I loved this story. It was so well laid out, and so deftly told. The twist at the end was wonderful. I think I'm going to have to pay particular attention to mentions of pecksies on my next re-read through the main Realms of the Elderlings series. Smiling I was fascinated by the hedge witchery in Fool's Errand, and I was really excited to read more about it.

I agree, aldaroncastle, I really enjoyed Words Like Coins and bought A Fantasy Medley for that story alone...I didn't read the others. I also agree with Mervi in that it adds significantly to the other RotE books. Of course, it prompts more questions also!

Not normally a fan of short stories, I have re-read this one a number of times as I, too, particularly enjoyed the hedge witchery (and Six Duchies) connection and also the evidence proving that pecksies were, indeed, real!

RE: A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins - Farseer - May-29-2010

While I have made mention of pecksies all over thePlenty (!!), it is particularly true of here Mythical Creatures/Folk if anyone was interested in joining in with the discussion? The thread does contain spoilers for all other RotE books though.

RE: A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins - finella - May-16-2012

Could you please help me!!! I asked my dictionnaries, but I couln't find pecksies. What/Who are they???

RE: A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins - 'thul - May-16-2012

they are, so far as these being know, unique robinhobbesque creatures.

RE: A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins - joost - May-16-2012

(May-16-2012, 03:18 PM (UTC))finella Wrote: Could you please help me!!! I asked my dictionnaries, but I couln't find pecksies. What/Who are they???
I haven't read WLC, but judging from the descriptions I'd say it's an alternate spelling of pixies.

RE: A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins - 'thul - May-16-2012

Perhaps Farseer or someone else who has actually read WLC should answer it, eh Joost? (neither 'thul nor you have, yet responded anyways...)