thePlenty.net Forums
A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins (/thread-17.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins - Farseer - May-17-2012

It seems, despite my recent suggestion that we should talk about Words Like Coins here, that I have managed to dump quite a lot of discussion about Pecksies in the Mythical Creatures/Folk thread over the years! Innocent

You're right, joost. Robin chose 'pecksie' as a pixie-like labelling for her RotE creatures...though they are different. See post #19 in the MC/F thread for the post I made about Robin's creation of the use of the word 'Pecksie', and the subsequent link. Flowers

Despite the connection to pixies, I have to admit that the illustration of the Pecksie on the front of the recent Words Like Coins e-book is a lot more pixie-like than I had pictured a Pecksie. If you've ever seen a dripping wet kitten, how thin it looks with its fur slicked against it...well, that's how I pictured a Pecksie except that it stands on two legs rather than the four of a kitten. I suppose I came by that image due to a Pecksie's cat-like size and its cat-like mouth. Undecided

I'll give another shamless plug Wink to my one and only complete wiki article, Pecksie, if you'd like to take a look there, finella...though please note there are spoilerish references within the article so approach with caution.

RE: A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins - finella - May-21-2012

(May-17-2012, 11:21 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I'll give another shamless plug Wink to my one and only complete wiki article, Pecksie, if you'd like to take a look there, finella...though please note there are spoilerish references within the article so approach with caution.

Oh, wow, I'm soooo silly sometimes. I really love your wiki but never had the idea to look there. Thank you, Farseer. I will be careful conc. spoiler (I still hope, I'll get it for my kindle soon).

RE: A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins - Farseer - May-21-2012

A fair portion of the information for the wiki was sourced from Tawny Man and, as I have just re-read it, I have a thought to add to the Others' Island thread...if I have not done the exact same thing once or twice before! P

RE: A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins - Farseer - Aug-09-2012

Did anyone here from the US manage to get the e-book copy of Words Like Coins that I posted about a while back?

RE: A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins - Farseer - Jan-05-2013

I did previously put something about the Words Like Coins ebook from Subterranean Press and its Tom Kidd cover art somewhere hereabouts but didn't come back to mention that some of TK's interior illustrations for the ebook have since been added to the site's page: https://subterraneanpress.com/store/product_detail/words_like_coins

RE: A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins - 'thul - Jan-05-2013

interesting pictures, those are.

RE: A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins - ɴᴏʀтᴜɴᴇ - Jan-20-2013

(Aug-09-2012, 04:54 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Did anyone here from the US manage to get the e-book copy of Words Like Coins that I posted about a while back?

Yes. Attached is the rest of the artwork to be found within.

RE: A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins - Farseer - Jan-20-2013

Thank you, Nortune Smiling and well met and welcome to thePlenty. Slurp

Was this the first time you had been able to access 'Words Like Coins' or had you read it earlier in A Fantasy Medley?

RE: A Fantasy Medley/Words Like Coins - ɴᴏʀтᴜɴᴇ - Jan-20-2013

Thanks.

Yeah, the subpress ebook is the only version I've read. I wasn't excited to spend money on an e-copy of an individual short story but given that I didn't care about the rest of the tales in A Fantasy Medley I would have been doing the same thing by going down that route and at much greater cost.

The formatting--specifically the typeface used--is really lovely.