thePlenty.net Forums
What is your approach to series? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What is your approach to series? (/thread-176.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: What is your approach to series? - Valarya - Feb-28-2012

(Feb-28-2012, 10:26 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: sure you were...

*glamors Valarya into agreeing*

*stands with her hands on her hips, glaring*

That won't work on me, beings. Much like with Malta or Reyn. Or even Thymara. I have zero urge to agree with you. Whistling Clapping

RE: What is your approach to series? - fool-ish - Feb-28-2012

(Feb-28-2012, 06:36 PM (UTC))FoolishGirl Wrote:
(Feb-28-2012, 03:05 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: I have a very vivid imagination and one of my favorite things about reading is being transported to another world. Once I'm in the world... I don't want to leave it; even when the story is finished I don't want to leave it. This is why I always give myself about a month between big series so I have some time to soak it in. Proud
A friend of mine did his psychology thesis on people who are "transported" while reading, as you describe. Apparently some people experience this much more intensely than others. Not sure what the technical term is, but I am certainly one of those people.

What a great feeling to find an author/book/series that does that to you. The series that paricularly did that for me: RH (mostly the Farseer and Fool triologies, not the others), Harry Potter, LOTR, His Dark Materials, Patrick Rothfuss and GRRM/ASoIaF.

All of those except LOTR! I couldn't finish it, though I do intend to try again one day Blushing
I'm of the transportable type and there are times that I've been very grateful for it..escapism at it's best! I too have to see a series through to the end (if I like it, that is) I can't bumble about between different stories/series. One world at a time and usually I'm well and truly sucked in! Book

(Feb-28-2012, 10:29 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote:
(Feb-28-2012, 10:26 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: sure you were...

*glamors Valarya into agreeing*

*stands with her hands on her hips, glaring*

That won't work on me, beings. Much like with Malta or Reyn. Or even Thymara. I have zero urge to agree with you. Whistling Clapping
Ha! Glamour fail!! P

RE: What is your approach to series? - 'thul - Feb-28-2012

*growls in annoyance before walking off to find something edible*

RE: What is your approach to series? - fool-ish - Feb-29-2012

(Feb-28-2012, 11:55 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: *growls in annoyance before walking off to find something edible*
'Ere! Have a cheese melt!

RE: What is your approach to series? - 'thul - Feb-29-2012

*eats table with said meal on it*

Far too wooden. Not very edible.

Lord of the three realms you may be, but eating the table really wasn't your best idea. Have a cheese melt instead, you know you want to..

*spits a cloud of needle-sharp table fragments at a nearby wall*

MEAT! Cheese not meat!

(Feb-29-2012, 08:43 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: *spits a cloud of needle-sharp table fragments at a nearby wall*

MEAT! Cheese not meat!
Please yourself then..all the more for me

Arm meat! Give arm!
*stares hungrily*

It wouldn't even serve as a light snack, there's nothin' to it!